Plugin: Note Tabs

After the update, the functionality of the note tabs plugin disappeared. It still shows in the list of plugins, but not in settings, and not in the "note" menu. Tried on two PCs, also uninstalled and re-installed.
Upgraded to Joplin 2.2.6 (prod, win32)
Revision: 60aca7b

I'll keep the post, but right now there was an update of the tabs plugin and it fixed the problem. Thanks!

The problem in the red box of picture 1 may be caused by picture 2. I am not familiar with English. I hope you understand the problem I described, thank you

@laurent: Here you can see that the height of the plugin panel gets greater (approx. 800px) than actually expected. In settings.json the height for this plugin panel is set to 67. Basically the height (I guess also the width) of the iframe seems to be wrong (Screenshot 1 of my previous post).

Due to this, the panel somehow continues "below" the editor. That's why you can still see it to the left of the editor (see first screenshot of @s4j4). In addition, this results in the problem that the vertical scrollbar of the plugin panel is no longer displayed when it is actually needed.

Screenshot 3: Joplin v2.2.6
I've changed the background of the panel to red to visualize the height of the panel.

Screenshot 4: Joplin v2.2.6
In Change application layout the height of the panel is displayed correctly.

Screenshot 5: Joplin v2.1.8
Same situation as in Screenshot 3, but with Joplin v2.1.8.

thank you for the update

1 Like

Great! Thanks for that! and all your other work!

2 Likes

This was due to a recent change to the plugin API, which I've now reverted. The next 2.2 release should fix the issue.

Please give a try to the latest release and let me know if it works: Releases · laurent22/joplin · GitHub

1 Like

Yes, latest version works as before. Thanks for this quick fix :slight_smile::+1:

FYI: @s4j4, @stevemagruder

2 Likes

This seems fixed for me with v2.2.7.

By the way, there's no place like home, with your family and friends you're never alone. Heh.

1 Like

This is awesome! Thanks for adding this.

2 Likes

In the case of searching, click on the tab page, and the search result will be gone.
Is there a way to keep the search results when switching tabs, thank you

Feature Request: Could there be an option to change the colour of a tab when that note is being edited in an external editor?

I've noted it. Option to change tab color of external edited notes · Issue #55 · benji300/joplin-note-tabs · GitHub

2 Likes

In the case of searching, click on the tab page, and the search result will be gone.
Is there a way to keep the search results when switching tabs, thank you
@benji300

1 Like

Thanks!

I have also wondered about this.

1 Like

This is a very small gripe, but I wonder if the command palette text could include the word "close" for closing all the tabs. At the moment it is
Remove all pinned tabs (tabsClear)

To me (and maybe it's just me) but neither remove nor clear makes sense. Part of what makes the command palette useful is that you just need to type in what you want to do, but if the standard term for something isn't used, then it's not as easy.

Could it be changed to Remove/close all pinned tabs (tabsClear) ?

That makes totally sense. I don't remember why I called it "remove". I've created a ticket to change the wording next time I will update the plugin. Thanks for this suggestion. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for all your work on the plugin! I can't imagine Joplin without it.

1 Like

Could you please respond to this question? thank you
@benji300

Sorry for the late reply...

Do you mean clicking on the tab of the currently opened note removes the global search or clicking on another tab?

The first I could prevent via the plugin (but I still have to try), the second, however, I can unfortunately not prevent. Here I simply call a command to open a note. This command resets the global search. Unfortunately, I can't query the global search in the plugin either, so I can't re-enable it later if needed.