Client ID: ef30f90de1df45ee92e636dc6485b4fe
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 44
Keychain Supported: Yes

Revision: 604dcbc

Note Tabs: 1.4.0
Templates: 2.4.0

What issue do you have?

When I turn on the tabs plugin, it shows me a tab switcher list at the top, but does NOT actually display more than 1 note (though it takes up screen space for one.)
If I click on the tabs, it change the notes - but always in the left pane.
Various attempts to attach a note to the right pane have failed.
Config issue? User error?

Screenshots

Try using View > Change application layout and then moving the tab bar to above the note (left arrow, up arrow).

You can adjust the height so just the tabs are showing horizontally along the top.

When the pane is on the right it makes more sense to stack the tabs vertically (see the plugin settings)

That works and looks better, but I still have only 1 tab visible at one time.
So it's acting as a kind of quick switcher, rather showing multiple tabs at once (which I thought it could do.)
Is there a "add another tab frame" command somewhere I'm supposed to issue?

thx
bmw

I should note - what I thought it does, and what I'm hoping for, is to have 2 (or more) notes open side by side, at the same time, without having to open an external editor.

What I've seen so far is more like a quick switcher (like some browsers) and it's not clear how it's different from some kind of favorites scheme.

You are correct in that it allows you to switch between notes. You cannot display two or more notes at once. It just lets you pin notes and switch between them a lot quicker than having to navigate to each note every time you want to edit it or refer to it.

1 Like

Well your help has led me to getting it into a usable configuration, and it is useful even if not what I had hoped for. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.