Plugin: JiraIssue

This is my first plugin. It shall allow you retrieve from Atlassian Jira the status of your Issues.
I hope it can be useful to you as well.

Please open issues in github if you find some bugs :wink:

8 Likes

@laurent what is the procedure to add my plugin to the main repository (GitHub - joplin/plugins: Joplin official plugin repository. For issues, please use https://github.com/laurent22/joplin/issues Pull requests will be automatically closed.)?

It's all in the generator doc: joplin-plugin-jira-issue/GENERATOR_DOC.md at main ยท marc0l92/joplin-plugin-jira-issue ยท GitHub

1 Like

Just tried this and it works nicely. Any chance to include this in the wysiwyg editor? Maybe even with a dialogue to enter the jira issue url?

Thanks for the feedback.

I don't really know how to detect when you are typing in the wysiwyg editor or how to create objects in it.
Do you know where I can find the documentation/examples on how to build object in wysiwyg or detect that you typing in it?

@KolyaKorruptis Do you know any other Joplin plugin that are doing something similar that I can use as reference?

@marc0l92 No idea about docu, you have to ask @laurent or @tessus about that.
The plugin Create note from highlighted text somewhat works in the wysiig editor. It successfully creates code in it anyway. It has a bug though that escapes the markdown code it generates.

1 Like

The plugin "Create node from highlighted text" is doing the same thing on both Markdown and Wysiwyg editor, therefore it is not helping me.

I would like to use HTML tags in the Markdown editor and Dialog box in the Wysiwyg. But I need to understand how to detect in which mode are you working on.

Marc, as for now WYSIWYG editor is incompatible with plugins.
Some might "accidentally" work but it's not by the design.

Btw cool idea for a plugin :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi! do you think periodic auto-refresh could be posible? Something like Note overview
Thanks!

Hi @aranajuan,
could you open an issue on the github repository?

This will help me track the features requests.
Thanks

1 Like

@marc0l92 are you still around? Can you merge the 2 open PRs and publish a new release? Without the 2nd PR your plugin doesn't work with the current version of Joplin.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know. Apparently I have some issues with github notifications.

I merged the two pull request and delivered a new version of the plugin.

2 Likes

I learned how to use the content script api available for joplin plugins and I'm now writing this plugin from the begin.

Here a preview on how the issues will be rendered:

It is also possible to click on an issue to expand it and see some additional details:

2 Likes

The jira-search feature will instead generate a table:

I made this table fit the content of the window in order to avoid too much horizontal scrolling.

Let me know if you have some feedbacks

hi @marc0l92, thanks for writing this plugin. I'm using it as a reference for a plugin idea of my own.

I'm wondering if you've given thought to the security implications of having the user store their credentials in the plugin's settings. Is this secure? I think if the settings are stored encrypted, like the notes themselves, it would be sufficiently secure. Do you know if this is the case?

When I created this plugin the password were deleted every time Joplin was closed. But after I while I think @laurent changed the implementation of the options of type password.

I don't know how they are stored, but your concern are correct.
@laurent will probably be able to tell you more about it.

If the setting type is "secure" they should be saved to the keychain, provided one is available on the system.

1 Like

Hi @marc0l92, this is great plugin which I really like to use.

Today I refreshed it to the new version v2.0.0 but unfortunately I now get an error for all my jiraissues I added to my notes.

Error message: TypeError: Cannot read property 'percent' of undefined

Is this a common error, does anybody know how to fix it?

Thank you for using this plugin. I would really like to receive more feedbacks about it.

Let me check what I can do and I will try to release a fix as soon as possible.

If I'm not able to find the issue I may need your help to debug together