This simple plugin turns text or block of text into new note under active folder.
When a block of text is selected, first line is taken as a title of new note and the whole block goes as body.
This can be customized with option to ask for new title (see Settings in plugin's menu).
Latest version is available in Joplin Plugins search or via download as
Works on 1.4.19 and up
Source code available:
- Popup dialog autofocuses
- Icon change
- Added option to not include title at the top of text (as suggest by @jb261 )
- Asking for new title is based now on settable number of words in first line. If its exact or more than set number, popup will appear.
- Type of new note can be now "todo" as default.
- Option to choose a text before backlink
- Ask for title via dialog box (default is off) @uxamanda
- Auto switch to newly created note (default is on)
- Automatically copies tags from active note to new note (suggested by @blank)
- Backlinking and/or copying of tags can now be turned off via plugin settings - Tools>Options>Convert To New Note
- Github page and release file