How to insert an empty line

How to insert an ampty line?
When I press enter in the editor the blank line is made but when I open the text again the empty line has gone?

How to do that simple thing?

Thank you

1 Like

<br>

Nice, that works.

Is
in the sourccode the only option?
Any shortcuts for this etc, so I don't have to switch between the editors?

That seems crazy to me.

I don’t get this post. Newlines work for me.

For me if I insert a blank line in text I am writing in the WYSIWYG editor, that empty line is lost when switching to viewer mode. Blank lines inserted in a Typora edit are also discarded when returning to Joplin.

Windows 10 64 bit

Joplin 1.3.15 (prod, win32)

Client ID: 61da1c8af75f4a16ba48e72b31d78869
Sync Version: 2
Profile Version: 34
Keychain Supported: Yes

Revision: 0cc544a95 (master)

text editor vs. word processor kind of thing, to my mind. this shows the issue (I think).

It's something I struggle with too, for some notes that want separated blocks of text. I end up separating them with lines of a single dot to space them out

1 Like

My
tags are gone too, when I close the note and open it again.
Is this a bug or how to handle this?

Any thoughts?

I am using the WYSIWYG editor exclusively. It is not suggested to switch between these as it could cause loss of data.
Is there a way to add an empty line in the WYSIWYG editor?

Hi,
I still have these problems with the blank lines I want to insert into some notes.
When I insert
in the editor it will not be saved. After closing the note and open it again, the line brakes are gone.

How to insert a blank line between some text permanently?

Any help, any ideas ?
Thank you

Still not possible. In my case I just add horizontal bars between sections of text but it's true it would be nice if the newlines were preserved.

1 Like

In my eyes this is a very important feature to organize and style the notes better.
I can't understand, why so less people don't want to introduce this feature.

1 Like

If I am not mistaken, based on a recent poll, most people use the MD editor, not WYSIWYG

1 Like

What is the MD Editor, the normal one without source code?
If yes, the MD Editor has the same problem, how to insert an empty line with this one?

Every Editor I know can handle an empy line without any problems. But joplin has problems with this since I use it.

I don’t want to introduce it. At least the markdown formatter and linter tell me that many blank lines are wrong. Jetbrains IDE also thinks that blank lines exceeding 2 lines should be reduced to 2 lines.

There's more info here: https://joplinapp.org/rich_text_editor/ Beyond that, you can either wait for someone to fix the problem, or fix it yourself. But repeating the same thing on each new post won't make a difference.

and tables might not be particularly readable

Regarding this point, I personally recommend adding a prettier formatting plugin to the editor. After formatting, the table is actually readable @laurent

I started this post in November 20 and and yesterday March 21 I tried to ask again if there are any changes to fix this problem. Not sure what is wrong with doing this.

And yes, it would be fine if someone could fix this, cause I am not the programmer of joplin I am a user.
And if something looks strange, does not work or is missing I normally use a forum to post this and ask for help or infos about this.

I would be happy, if one blank line would be accepted. :wink: