Windows version syncs intermittently

I am working with Joplin between three devices: 2 Windows PCs and an Android device.

On each of them, I have the synchronization interval set to 24 hours under Joplin > Tools > Options > Synchronization.

The Android device has not synchronized since I last manually clicked the Synch button, while the two Windows PCs appear to synch every half hour or so while I am working within them. I have verified that they are set to 24 hours and restarted Joplin.

Can you explain what am I seeing with synchronization? The PCs appear to synch of their own accord intermittently while I am working. Just now, while writing this issue, Joplin has synched twice. Perhaps there is an idle time-out or some other functionality of which I am not aware.

My desire is to manually click the SYNCHONIZE button just before my work day ends. I have around 600 files and it can take a bit of time.

Windows devices are both:
Joplin 1.0.195 (prod, win32)
Sync Version: 1
Profile Version: 28
Revision: f4a562bc (master)
// not updating to the latest version until I see it on Android also

Thanks.

I got the same problem. I already shut down auto synchronization, but it still automatically synchronize with a uncertain time interval.

I’m using Joplin 1.0.197 on windows 10.

Joplin schedules a sync for a few seconds after each edit. It’s my understanding that it’s only a push and doesn’t do any pull. It is implemented this way to prevent sync targets from getting too out of date and getting messed up when a lot of deltas come at once.

1 Like

However, this will produce lot of small pieces notes since it will generate one new .md file every sync, even just few words were appended. Normally, it is not a problem. But my webdav host has a limit of requests. For example, I have less than 100 notes, but there are 600 files on webdav host. If I trying to sync the notes to my ipad, it will be blocked by the webdav host because of too many requests in a short time.
Another wired thing is, if I can’t sync by one click, joplin will start over at next click. So I can’t use joplin on ipad like forever.