Client ID: 3cad75b5ffab48648385aef83093a4f8
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 44
Keychain Supported: Yes

Revision: 7d2c1c0

Sync target

WebDAV

What issue do you have?

After establishing my own WebDAV server and installing Joplin on an Android mobile, I observe several strange behaviors:
On the desktop, I created first some test notebooks and notes and tested the syncing between a desktop and a laptop. All worked fine.
Then I deleted deleted the target sync WebDAV folder to have a fresh start, and also the test notebooks, and then created the notebook structure that I intend to use. I did that by importing an older project with almost 2000 notes, and then deleted most notes and many notebooks.
When all this was done, I synced the result, some 30 notebooks, with some 60 notes in them, to the empty WebDAV directory.

Now, when I installed Joplin on my mobile and configured the sync. Two things happened which I did not expect:

• the earliest text notebooks, which were deleted before ever syncing to the WebDAV folder, appeared on my mobile
  • the first sync took around 90 minutes, with thousands of resources checked, created and downloaded

This morning, I used the mobile app again, and it first did one more sync -- which took more than half an hour, although I did not make any changes neither on the mobile nor on any other device since the last sync.

Perhaps this is known, but I did not find anything about this here in the forum, so I decided to as to you whether this is normal and expected or not. If so, I guess it would mean that Joplin maintains a journal, including deletions, and replays that journal on all synced devices...

Thanks in advance for any explanation.

1 Like

My guess :
a) you didn't delete the enclosing folder and profile "completely"on the cloud drive,
b) AND on all "other" devices
c) you did not use the "advance sync" feature in settings of your main device to upload, but you simply sync-ed again

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.