Version 1.7 is now available as pre-release, with support for plugin updating (Updated 26/01/21)

Not many changes but I thought I'd release it since it includes support for updating plugins. If you give it a try and notice any issue with updating process please let me know.

I've also added support for a "keywords" field in the plugin manifest. If you develop plugins you can set this and they will be used with search.

• New: Plugins: Add support for "keywords" manifest field
  • New: Plugins: Added support for bi-directional messages in content scripts and webview scripts using postMessage
  • New: Allow updating a plugin
  • Fixed: Some commands were no longer working (#4343) (#4338 by @CalebJohn)
3 Likes

1.7.4 is now available:

Release v1.7.4 · laurent22/joplin · GitHub

• New: Added button to browse plugins
  • New: Plugins: Add support for "keywords" manifest field
  • New: Plugins: Added support for bi-directional messages in content scripts and webview scripts using postMessage
  • New: Allow updating a plugin
  • Improved: Enable TLS options for Joplin Server
  • Improved: Move plugin settings under separate section in config menu
  • Fixed: Added missing translations (#4363)
  • Fixed: Make sure note is automatically saved when format is set via keyboard shortcut in Rich Text editor (#4337)
  • Fixed: Plugins: Fixed dropdown settings
  • Fixed: Some commands were no longer working (#4343) (#4338 by @CalebJohn)
3 Likes

The Windows portable version still identifies as version 1.6.2

I have updated several plugins using 1.7.3 and it works great. The separate section for plugins in Tools > Options in 1.7.4 is great - it was starting to get a little confusing now that I've got 7 plugins.

1 Like

@laurent would it be possible to release the portable Windows version for 1.7.4 please? All 1.7.x versions show as 1.6.2

Thanks

I can't check now but I don't think it's possible to have some files being 1.7 and others being 1.6. Could you double-check? Are you sure that the app is not just running in the system tray so while you think you've updated the app, you didn't?

Thanks for the reply. I've checked the task manager and after closing Joplin using the 'X' close icon, I can confirm that there are still five background processes still running as seen through the 'task manager'.

I had no idea that closing the application like this would place it into the system tray, I would have expected it to exit as most apps do.

Having killed these processes, and restarted, I can confirm that I now have version 1.7.4

Thanks for your time.

This is not uncommon. Evernote behaves the same way. If you were to kill all processes, that would also stop processes like the web clipper.

Use File > Quit or CTRL+Q to exit completely.

1 Like

v1.7.5 is now available:

• New: Plugins: Add support for joplin.plugins.require API to allow using sqlite3 or fs-extra from a plugin
  • New: Plugins: Add support for plugins.dataDir function, to provide a path for plugin to store its own data
  • Improved: Do not allow installing plugins incompatible with current app version
  • Improved: Improved error handling when importing ENEX
  • Improved: In config screen, click on a plugin name to open its home page
  • Improved: Localise "Click to add tags" button
  • Improved: Some imported ENEX files incorrectly had invisible sections
4 Likes

Cannot install plugins from within 1.7.5 (was installing plugins fine from within 1.7.4) - not sure if it's 1.7.5 or if something has changed with repo.

Can someone with 1.7.5 try and replicate?

Joplin 1.7.5 (prod, win32)

Same thing here. Joplin portable 1.7.5 / Win 10.
20210126_124739

Ok I think I know what it is, I'll create another release with a fix tomorrow.

1 Like

That should be fixed now in 1.7.6

1 Like

1.7.10 is available now:

• Fixed: Fixed copying text from Rich Text editor (#4441)
  • Fixed: Fixed plugin panel issue that could crash app in rare case
  • Fixed: Fixed updating plugins

I have this error message when I try to update, no matter which plugin I want to update :
20210130_160925

Any idea what's going on ?
Thanks !

Joplin 1.7.10 (prod, win32) - portable

Client ID: 817c6c01ce9649c797b83efe3df5f1fe
Sync Version: 2
Profile Version: 34
Keychain Supported: No

Revision: fb1c876b5 (master)

1 Like

Ok looks like it's a Windows specific issue related to path format. Should be an easy fix.

Actually I can't replicate this with the portable version. Could you try from different drives to see if it's not just a permission issue on the USB drive?

You're right. I made a copy of Joplin folder to another external drive and it works.
Tried also on C: drive and it works.

I saw that the Joplin folder on the original drive was read-only. I've unchecked it, apply to all folders but nothing changed.

Strange. I can do everything with Joplin (and other apps) except updating the plugins.

I don't know if there's something else I should check on this drive ?

Anyway it's no big deal, I can move Joplin elsewhere.

Thanks for your time !

The app dynamically create a few directories so maybe make sure that the parent directories have the right permissions too.