Revision: cfd98e3

Backup: 1.4.0
Conflict Resolution: 1.2.3
Note overview: 1.6.0
OCR: 0.3.2

Editor

Markdown Editor

What issue do you have?

I have been using Joplin for some time. I have a batch of enex files from my legacy use of Evernote. Now, I don't want to import these in to my current active Joplin database but have them in a separate area of Joplin. I also do not need to sync them.

It seems that a second profile is the way to go and import them there. Is that an intended use of the profile feature, and are there any issues with this approach?

In my opinion, the primary criteria for creating another profile is to organize and maintain different groups of notes within the Joplin app that are unrelated to each other.
One good example that I have read is to keep under different instance work-related note and personal notes.
The approach you're guessing should only be used, in my opinion, if you don't intend to continually improve, enhance, or establish feature links between your legacy Evernote notes and your current notes.
Unless your intention is to gradually migrate a small portion of related notes from your legacy Evernote profile to your current Joplin profile in the future. Keeping the rest of the legacy old notes in a second instance only to check, read occasionally under the second profile.

1 Like