Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 43
Keychain Supported: Yes

Revision: 7081046

Sync target

File system

What issue do you have?

Hi All,

Coming from Evernote, trunk between my legs; I guess I'm not going to be the only one.

I am not super tech savvy, so I decided to test the import of a notebook from EN. I was able to export an ENEX file from onto the desktop, following the instructions:

"To import Evernote data, first export your Evernote notebooks to ENEX files as described [here](CANNOT INCLUDE LINK IN THIS POST).
-Then, on desktop, do the following: Open File > Import > ENEX and select your file. The notes will be imported into a new separate notebook. If needed they can then be moved to a different notebook, or the notebook can be renamed, etc. Read"

However, everything following "then ok desktop", I cannot do: Open File > Import > ENEX
I successfully exported the file to the desktop, when I go to Joplin and Import, I'm able to import the notebook, and it's showing up in the sidebar. I just want to make sure I'm going through the correct steps so I don't lose my data.

Also, while we're here: I have some text in EN notes that were bold and underlined. In Joplin, they are bold, italicized, and have three asterisks on either side. I can totally live with this (especially if problem #1 is resolved), but would be great to have a fix for this. Thank you in advance!

1 Like

I don't have a clear grasp on what problem #1 is.
The way you have bolded 'desktop' makes me think you are interpreting the word literally. If that's the case, the directions referring to 'desktop' are referring to the desktop app (as opposed to the mobile app), not literally the Windows desktop.

If I'm mistaken in your interpretation, please can you clarify what issue #1 is?
Also, I would import ENEX (as markdown) as opposed to ENEX (as HTML), unless you have a specific reason to do the latter.

1 Like

Also please use version 2.13 since it has many improvements for ENEX import

1 Like

Thanks for your reply! In regards to problem #1, I actually want to make sure I'm importing files correctly. The bold of DESKTOP is actually copied and pasted from the instructions. Not my emphasis.

Thank you for clarifying. From your comment, I see that I actually went about the process correctly, and my files were uploaded!

Re: markdown vs. html, no specific reason for html. Will use markdown if it's preferred.

Second issue is still the change in formatting from EN (underline and bold), which has now changed to bold, italicized, and have three asterisks on either side in Joplin. Any ideas how to adjust these?

1 Like

Done! Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.