Typewriter mode

There was a topic about this, but it was auto-closed. I'm new to the app and getting used to it, but there's one feature I still miss from Typora. That is the ability to fix the line that I'm writing in the center of the app window, it is called "typewriter mode". I suppose it's not so cumbersome to implement and it is quite enjoyable. Hope you find my request interesting. Greetings!

2 Likes

This is unlikely to be picked up in the core application, but it's a great idea for a plugin! If you have the means to attempt it I think you'll find the Joplin plugin interface is quite easy to use. If not I suggest you add this to the list of suggested plugins. Occasionally devs will search through there looking for a good idea to implement.

I vote for !

Wouldn't this be something that could be done just using an external editor?

No because you lose the benefit of plugins.

2 Likes

I was using Typora as an external editor, but that approach has many drawbacks, such as adding images from Typora, differences in the markdown rendering, lack of Joplin plugins, etc. So I discarded Typora and embrace the Joplin editor. I customized it via css and now I really like it, but I miss that feature and I thought that it would be cool to have that addition. It really improve the writing experience imo.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.