Vim mode + typora mode make Joplin more better and powerful!

Like the title, editing and rendering are done on a single screen like typora. I firmly believe that if joplin supports this function, a large number of vim/emacs users who use Typora will use Joplin. At present, users in the Chinese community, including related projects on github, The demand for typora+vim/emacs is very large.
What we want is to render all elements like typora, including math formulas, headings, code, etc., not just images. You can understand it this way, what we want is the existing implementation of typora + the operation mode of VIM/emacs.(in-place live preview like Typora and Marktext)

1 Like

The richmarkdown plugin basically does this.

1 Like

No.What we want is to render all elements like typora, including math formulas, headings, code, etc., not just images. You can understand it this way, what we want is the existing implementation of typora + the operation mode of VIM/emacs.

1 Like

I know it might share downsides with existing apps: becoming slow with large or content-rich documents.But I think that can be used as a new mode, let's call it traditional mode (like typora, marktext, word...), it is up to the user to decide whether to enable or enter this mode.

If it does come true, we believe we will not spend $14.99 for typora but more for joplin, at least thousands of friends in our Chinese community will do so.

1 Like

Well, as it was mentioned before Rich Markdown plugin is aiming to bring exactly the instant rendering capability you're describing. Indeed, it doesn't have support for all of the markdown features yet but it's clearly on the right track. If people to support the developer, surely he would be able to devote more time to the project.

The main gist here that it is better and easier to support / expand existing implementation than to gain support for unclear and unproven approach.

Anyways, thank you for the feedback and welcome to the forum, cheers!

1 Like