The cursor unexpectedly jumps to the first position in the note

Operating system

Windows

Joplin version

Editor

Rich Text Editor

What issue do you have?

I am a Chinese user. Sometimes, when inputting Chinese and selecting it, the cursor unexpectedly jumps to the first position in the note.
Are there others who have encountered the same problem?

Just like in the picture, when I enter content in other lines, the cursor automatically jumps to the first position in the first line of the note.

I was able to reproduce the issue with the log open. I am uploading the log now.
log-cusor_jump-0711.7z (36.9 KB)

Is this a bug?
The issue seems to persist even after I enable safe mode.
I suspect it is not related to plugins, but I hope a developer can look at the logs.

Yes, the Github issue I linked above is for the bug you are facing. If possible, you should repost or link to your above info on that issue.

If you can provide confirmation of this happening in the Rich Text Editor on that issue, this pull request may open back up:

1 Like

If you can provide confirmation of this happening in the Rich Text Editor on that issue
--------> yes, I mostly use the rich text editor

I use markdown editor and have same problem...

I have a theory this situation happens when a sync or disk save happens mid-edit.

This happened to me last week while I was mid typing a note. I think I glanced some activity bottom left, aka a sync.

FWIW, I'm using webdav for sync too.

1 Like

the funny thing is, many people has reported jumping cursor issue, but none of them get fixed.

it mean , I use editor when sync will cause this ?