Is there a way to type in a note without syncs pushing the cursor to the beginning of the note?

Operating system

macOS

Joplin version

Sync target

Dropbox

What issue do you have?

Is there a way to type in a note without the syncs pushing the cursor to the beginning of the note? I'll be typing something in a note, and when I look up at the screen, I realize that it's inserting what I'm typing not where I intended, but at the beginning of the note. I've tried changing the sync interval, but it has no effect. As far as I can tell, syncs will still occur frequently, if the content of the note is changing, which is naturally what happens if you're editing a note.

As it stands now, there is no way to simply start typing a long, multi-page note without the cursor occasionally being relocated to the beginning of the note, which is absurd. Unless someone here knows of a way?

3 Likes

This is where we keep track of this issue: Cursor jumps to top of editor when typing · Issue #8960 · laurent22/joplin · GitHub

We're very keen on fixing it but so far it's more or less a mystery why happens and it's very hard to replicate consistently.

6 Likes

Thanks @laurent

Thank you @laurent !

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.