Tags missing from tag-list but still exist in search during a many-tags editing workflow

Operating system


Joplin version


Desktop version info

Joplin 2.13.15 (prod, win32)

Client ID: c6c974c0a4494f87a8ceec8d78fe8d85
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 44
Keychain Supported: Yes

Revision: 7d2c1c0

Note Tabs: 1.4.0
Text Colorize: 1.2.5

Sync target



Markdown Editor

What issue do you have?

After a similar situation that I asked a question about, I started editing many tags last night and perhaps the night before, now it happens again, except this time, I am quiet sure it does not just happen to top-ranking tags, it started from a tag at somewhere lower section of tag list section. last time I asked about the aforementioned question, it ended up a long process of reinstallation/backup restoration and I have not yet get to the point to sync everything to my android smartphone yet, that is to say, it takes a very long process for me to handle a Joplin situation.

To be clear, the tags are not entirely missing, the tags can be searched and found via search function, but they do not show in tag list.

At this point, my best guess is that no matter how well I set my Joplin environment, the situation as described as this thread title will happen when a user undertake a mass-tags/many-tags editing in a short period of time, so going for a reinstallation is not a solution, I am probably forced to accepted a compromised tag list in Joplin system, but I hope I am wrong, yet I don't see any other option.

Except, I have a guess for a workaround which goes when changing tag name is needed, one can create a similarly new tag and delete old tag instead of changing the old-tag name, but that is just a guess, I have not tried it yet.


1 Like

Just a quick update, I am undertaking a Joplin data rollback to a backup file dated Apr. 8 for the time being.

1 Like

There's an issue with adding tags from the mobile app. Just a reminder...

I don't ever get the luxury to add tag(s) from my Android smartphone app because I have not ever got to the place where my desktop Joplin app and my android smartphone Joplin app synced completely.

I am making this post for two purposes:

  1. To keep shoots together in context.

  2. It is quite unusual for an initial sync of many notes (note amounts as shown in the screenshot) to be completed within 24 hours, so there is some potential relationship with something here and there.

Actually the initial sync completed like 4 hours ago (around 12 PM local time), but I synced it again because of the little error message as shown as in the screenshot, however, the little error won't go away... I like how the initial sync completed fast, but I hate that little error implying something I don't know. Anyway, there's that.

Screenshot for the sync completed message

Screenshot for the time spent

Just a quick update, I think Joplin tag system issues just killed my will-power for something about Joplin.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.