SYNC WITH MEGA or through filesync

Sorry guys, I’m a newbie and I definitely need your help. I have a Mega account and I tried to sync my notes there via webdav, since MEGAcmd supports it. Nevertheless, I can’t do it. I followed step by step the suggestions and typed this:

:config sync.6.path
:config sync.6.username
:config sync.6.password
:config sync.target 6

Why it doesn’t work? This feature is so useful, I need some way to sync my stuff!
I read also that some people save everything in a local folder and then use third party cloud filesync (for me it would be MEGAsync). How do you do it? Can you give me some advice? I can’t figure out this stuff alone, just by browsing the manual…

Thank you very much!

1 Like

I wonder if taking mega’s base url and replacing www with webdav will work. That’s how pCloud and a few other services seem to do it. Then, you just insert your username and password where it requests it in the Joplin apps configuration section.

https://webdav.mega.nz

It doesn’t work…

https://help.mega.nz/webclient/general.html#can-i-upload-data-using-ftp-sftp-webdav-or-similar

You need to install the MEGAcmd software that runs a local proxy and use that to sync, I guess.

1 Like

I’m using Mega and trying to synchronize through filesystem.
It works fine on Windows.
On Android it seems that MegaSynch is not synchronizing the 3 .xxx folders that Joplin uses.
Is there a workarround for this?
Best regards
André

1 Like

It's not, or you don't see them in Android file explorer? What is the error?

1 Like

Hi Laurent
It seems that the problem was with MegaSync that was not downloading the .xxx folders, my file explorer is set to show hidden files, they appeared.
I executed again now and it seems to be working… the folders are there but I do not know if they were created by Joplin or downloaded by MegaSync. But it seems to be working and synchronizing properly now.
Thanks anyway
André

1 Like

Same here. Now it’s working on Mac for me. On mobile there has to be some kind of problem with Mega or Android, since as @tessus explained here it’s not a Joplin issue.

I got this working on Android by using the file system sync to a folder on the phone storage and then the FolderSync app to sync this to mega.

I had to make sure that I first synced my mobile joplin to a mega folder and then synced that folder with the desktop.

I also suggest people here like the post asking for a mega sync target:

I think you should use the FolderSync (sorry, I cannot add link here) app on Android, it supports Mega too :slight_smile: .
So, you use folder sync in joplin, and sync this folder with FolderSync with Mega.
I will try this now, and if I will not forget, then I will write my experiences :slight_smile: .