Sync issue macOS & OS

To report a bug, please let us know:

• iOS 13.3

• macOS 10.15.3

• Joplin 1.0.175 (prod, darwin)

• Joplin iOS 10.0.40

1. Firstly, how do I change the cloud provider? In Joplin Preferences on the Mac the section “Synchronization” doesn’t seem to open into a Dropbox (currently using OneDrive) login screen after clicking “Apply”.

2. For a long time I have not been able to use the iOS app, what I mean is I sync the Mac client with the cloud provider, then I set up the iOS App and sync the data with it. Then I change and edit Notebooks, and Notes on the Mac App, and then sync them with the cloud server. I then try to sync the iOS app in order for the changes to appear but what I get is no change, and hundreds of notes not decrypted. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Apps but this doesn’t appear to help.

Any help or suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

As far as the Mac OS side of things goes, I have Joplin desktop installed on Mac OS 10.15.2 (I’m up to date on that version), and synchronizing with Dropbox.

When I first went to Synchronization to set this up, Dropbox was already running as usual on my Mac. I chose Dropbox synchronization in Menu Joplin > Synchronization, specified some options, and then in my default browser (already running) a tab opened asking me to extend authorization to Dropbox from the Joplin app (had to hunt that down, since I didn’t happen to have browser open in the same desktop space).

Been working fine ever since. Synchronization works from Linux and from Android without a hitch. Hope that might help.

Thank you very much for your reply.

I've got it working now, although, for some reason I'm getting multiple encryption keys appearing. I'm not sure why.

Thank you for your help :slight_smile: