client -

sync version 3

Sync target

Joplin Cloud

Editor

Rich Text Editor

What issue do you have?

I joined Joplin cloud and paid for "Teams plan with Joplin Cloud"

Error. Please check that URL, username, password, etc. are correct and that the sync target is accessible. The reported error was:
Team owner cannot synchronise data (Code 403)

Screenshots

Hi!

I assume that this post on Discord was also yours.

To summarize what was posted there:

• Signing up for a team plan creates a special "Team owner" user. That user should be able to invite other users by email. (Under a "Members" tab).

The Discord post suggests that a team member was added successfully. Assuming Joplin Cloud asked that team member to create a password (for a Joplin Cloud account), the next steps should be to

1. Open Joplin Desktop
  2. Go to "Sync" in Joplin's settings
  3. Update the Joplin Cloud email with the team member's email (not the team owner's email)
  4. Update the password with the team member's password
  5. Sync again

are you sure about this ?

""Update the Joplin Cloud email with the team member's email (not the team owner's email)""

why would you use Team member email, as I am the Team owner and the Team owner should do the SYNC, ? can you pl check

1 Like

The Team plan is a bit different from the Pro and Basic plans: The team owner is a special user for managing billing and adding/removing team members. From internal documentation:

The owner is not part of the members. The owner also cannot synchronise. It's a special user that manages the team and handles billing.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.