Slow response and white window on Win 10

Hi

My Windows 10 instance is getting really bogged down at the moment
I am also erratically getting a white window with only menu headings on opening (and I think it just happened after using Joplin normally for a while, but not sure) and the only way to shut it down is via Task Manager
On end task and restart of Joplin its normally OK again, but sluggish

Anybody also had this, or is it just me?

Cheers

Joplin 2.7.13 (prod, win32)

Client ID: 825d7919770540fa9f7695df1faccd06
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 41
Keychain Supported: Yes

Revision: 5b5165d

When you get a white window, you should try to open the console as it might tell you what the error is (or you can post that error here). You can also enable debugging by default so that it's ready when the white screen happen. It's all on How to enable debugging | Joplin

Thanks, I didnt know about that

In the console there were a lot of warnings like the one below so I disabled the untagged plugin, and Joplin seems faster but could just be psychological - I'll report back later to confirm

16:04:38: BackOffHandler: Plugin com.github.BeatLink.joplin-plugin-untagged: Applying a backoff of 8 seconds due to frequent plugin API calls. Consider reducing the number of calls, caching the data, or requesting more data per call. API call was:  joplin.data.get ['events'] {fields: Array(3), cursor: '19660'} [Wait count: 1]

I havent looked at the console on white window yet, I will do when it next happens

No that's probably what it was. We had several reports about this plugin taking 100% cpu and slowing down the app. It's a useful plugin but the current plugin API doesn't really support the operations it needs to do.

Thanks Laurent
I guess one way of approaching this is just to keep the plugin installed but only enable it from time to time, that should still flag up the untagged notes I guess.

Joplin has been whizzing along all afternoon :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.