I am using Joplin for Windows. I feel that ever since the release late last year or early this year (sorry I cannot recall the exact release), Joplin has slowed down a lot. When I am typing, especially typing Latex, it often takes a few seconds lag for the rendered version to show up. Does anyone else experience the same thing?
There was this https://github.com/laurent22/joplin/issues/2438, but they didn’t put much detail.
That was exactly my issue!
More details are helpful, even if no one can help you straight away.
Some ideas might be
- version numbers of Joplin,
- log files,
- does it happen 100% of the time,
- how big your database file is,
- what version of windows are you using,
- info about your computer (eg how much RAM do you have, CPU, hard disk size and space left)?
- Version: 1.0.179 (but it happened on earlier versions starting late December or early Jan. I cannot remember from which exact version the problem start happening.
- It happens 100% of the time
- Database is not very big. About 300-400 items
- Latest version of Windows 10
- 16GB ram; Intel i7-2600; 1TB with 200 GB left
Looks OK, so next thing is to check the logs and console for unusual error messages:
The log files are here
The console can be accessed like this
There are three logs. I checked all of them. Nothing unusual seems to pop up. The only thing a bit strange is below. I don’t think that is a big deal.
2020-02-03 05:59:51: “FetchError: request to https://api.github.com/repos/laurent22/joplin/releases/latest failed, reason: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND api.github.com
FetchError: request to https://api.github.com/repos/laurent22/joplin/releases/latest failed, reason: getaddrinfo ENOTFOUND api.github.com
at ClientRequest. (C:\Users\Zhenyang Zhu\AppData\Local\Programs\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\node-fetch\index.js:133:11)
at ClientRequest.emit (events.js:203:13)
at TLSSocket.socketErrorListener (_http_client.js:399:9)
at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:203:13)
at emitErrorNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:91:8)
at emitErrorAndCloseNT (internal/streams/destroy.js:59:3)
at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:77:11)”