Shortcut for toggle markdown editor/wysiwyg editor

see Toggle between WYSIWIG/Markdown editor mode with keyboard shortcut:

I want to pick up the original feature request for a keyboard shortcut to toggle WYSIWYG editor and markdown editor.

In (closed) topic, the discussion drifted from the primary question to CTRL L which toggles layout.

I went through ToolsOptionsKeyboard Shortcuts but »Toggle Edit-Mode« is missing.

Especially for bidirectional operations between Joplin and word processors, it would be very useful to have a fast toggle shortcut for cut/paste operations. So that the advantages of the respective editors can be used and conveniently connected depending on the requirements.

My proposal would be Shift Alt E because Ctrl E toggles (in standard configuration) to external editing.

2 Likes

So you can actually add this to your keymap-desktop.json file:

{
    "command": "toggleEditors",
    "accelerator": "Ctrl+G"
  }

However I tried a number of different shortcuts and whilst I was able to go from markdown -> richtext I wasn't able to get it to go back again using the same shortcut. Might be worth having a go and seeing if it is possible with a different keybinding.

2 Likes

I can confirm that. Same result: one direction, only md → rtf.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.