Backup: 1.4.0
Hotfolder: 1.1.1
Inline tags: 1.2.1
Menu items, Shortcuts, Toolbar icons: 1.1.0
Quick Links: 1.3.0
Random Note Reloaded: 1.0.4
Templates: 2.4.0

What issue do you have?

I recently moved from Evernote, where I was a 10+ year paying user, to Joplin. I've been very pleased so far, and the transfer of all my notes has gone without a hitch. I paid for Joplin Cloud, and syncronization has gone well. I'm very pleased with the ability to nest notebooks more than a layer deep. That said, I do have some questions that I have not been able to find answers to. Any answers or pointers in the right direction would be great. Thanks!

• Where can I find my recent searches? Also, is there a way to sort search results?
  • Are there any plans to implement nested tags?
  • How do I see a count of how many notes were found after a search?
  • Other than scrolling through the sidebar on the left, is there a place within a note and its info that I can see what notebook it's in?
  • Am I missing a setting so that I get some kind of indication that a screenshot note has been saved? Right now nothing happens after I hit Confirm, but when I check, it has saved.

I have tried looking through the documentation and this forum, and found some of my answers (my original question list was longer! :slight_smile: ) but not all of them.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

2 Likes

Hi @booksherpa, welcome to the forum.

Recent searches and sorting results

Since you're using inline tags, check out the Inline Tag Navigator plugin.

Related plugins like the Note Overview plugin, the Favorites plugin, and the Embed Search plugin should also meet some, if not all of your search needs.

Said features, workarounds, and other tips have also been discussed in the Search integration on Joplin thread if you're interested.

Note count after searching

Check out the VS-Code Style Note Search plugin, which returns both result and note count (X results in Y notes) among many other features.

Nested tags

Here's the current state of nested tags in Joplin:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.