Quick Links Plugin

+1 to the support, this is a brilliant plugin! Couple of quick queries:

• Is there a reason for @@ rather than just @?

• Would be great if it could be accessed in the WYSIWYG editor. I use this mode most of the time now and my muscle memory already goes straight to '@@'... only to discover nothing happens :wink:

Thanks again for taking the time on this plugin.

I thought one @ is used in email addresses, 2 probably never occur anywhere.

There's no support for plugins targeting the WYSIWYG editor at present (and no plans to add it as far as I know). The best that can be done is add a menu item/hotkey that would bring up a search dialog from where you can search for a note and have a link to that note inserted. Arguably this can be even more powerful that the current plugin where you can only search by note title. I may add it at some points but no ETA.

There is only one small problem, I have with the @@:
It does not work with a sign directly afterwards, e.g.:
If I want to put the Link in brackets, then the opening '(' is directly followed by an automatic closing ')'. And if I then want to use @@ it does not do its magic...(@@).
Could that somehow be fixed?

just want to say thank you, this help me in write a main document descript other notes, if your plugin do not exist, this is impossible. :laughing:

the '@@' stopped working (I have latest Jolpin version on my PC) few weeks ago... is that the case with others here?

the '@@' stopped working (I have latest Jolpin version on my PC) few weeks ago... is that the case with others here?

Works fine for me in Windows.

Joplin 2.13.6 (prod, win32)

1 Like

Works fine for me too. But from time to time it takes a very long time for the popup to... pop up.

1 Like

Doesn't work as well

2.13.8, windows

Received error in console

VM3321:1 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: e.getTokenAt is not a function
    at <anonymous>:1:3202
    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
    at <anonymous>:1:1321
    at new Promise (<anonymous>)
    at o (<anonymous>:1:1066)
    at <anonymous>:1:3129
    at CodeMirror5Emulation.signal

Do you have the beta markdown editor enabled? That doesn’t play nicely with a number of plugins.

Looks like Joplin is now using CodeMirror version 6 and the plugin was built for version 5. I can look into upgrading the plugin but then it'll stop working for anyone who is still using older versions.

In the manifest you can use the property app_min_version so that the older apps stay with the previous version of the plugin.

That will still prevent older apps from installing it though but in this case the plugin screen prompts the user to upgrade Joplin (which they should probably do at some point anyway).

2 Likes

Good point! I forgot about this option

Ugh, I've just realized - if I change it to work with CodeMirror 6 it'll stop working for those who did not opt-in to the beta editor.

So if someone enables the new editor, updates the plugin, and then wants to go back to the old editor, there's no easy way to revert the plugin.

1 Like

Good point. And even once Joplin v2.13 is out of beta, not all the plugins will be updated to work with CodeMirror6 at the same time, so it could be challenging for users to not lose functionality of some of their plugins at some point during the transition to CM6.

I had a look at the code and it seems like currently Joplin provides to plugins some sort of compatibility layer that is supposed to implement CodeMirror 5 API on top of CodeMirror 6 but is not complete.

Given all that I am not going to make any changes to the plugin at this stage.

1 Like

Thank you for looking into this!

Improving the compatibility layer is planned. (It was originally tested against Rich Markdown, which uses a different set of CodeMirror features from Quick Links).

I just installed this and love it.
Joplin can now be used for Zettelkasten Method
THANKS!!

A new version (1.3.0) that supports CodeMirror 6 has just been released.

Kudos to @personalizedrefriger for adding this.

6 Likes

Brilliant!

One of the great plugins, my dear friend. Thanks! I hope Markdown support will also be added.

By the way, is there a way to add notebooks alongside notes?