Pre-release v2.9 is now available (Updated 15 November)

Pre-release v2.9.11 : Tags list is empty

Windows 10
Portable Joplin 2.9.11 (prod, win32) => No Tags list

Tags are still in the notes, and are searchable. It's just the list that is empty in the left panel.

Revert back to Joplin 2.9.4 (prod, win32) => OK

Please enable the console to see if there's any error in there: https://joplinapp.org/debugging

same for me, just now

I have seen that on every note change there appears a warning in the console for function TT when the note has a PDF file.

C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\gui\NoteEditor\utils\useMessageHandler.js:25 Got ipc-message: noteRenderComplete undefined
pdf.worker.js:2 Warning: TT: undefined function: 32
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\gui\NoteEditor\utils\useMessageHandler.js:25 Got ipc-message: noteRenderComplete undefined

I have also created yesterday a GitHub issue for the not displayed tags.

1 Like

@whitewall, did you manage to get it working? I wonder if this is something we need to fix before the final release

So I uninstalled and reinstalled .11. Unfortunately I don't think it's getting very far when it tries to run. As I recall, the developer tools is usually under help, no?

Now I can find it under View. But when I open the dev tools, there is nothing at all in the console. Nothing at all anywhere, actually.

Also, I can't close the application using the regular method and have to use the task manager.

Pre-release v2.9.11.

I am getting the following error:

Error: Could not call remote method 'setSpellCheckerLanguages'. Check that the method signature is correct. Underlying error: Invalid language code provided: "en-IN" is not a valid language code
Underlying stack: Error: Invalid language code provided: "en-IN" is not a valid language code
at /Applications/Joplin.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/@electron/remote/dist/src/main/server.js:463:71
at IpcMainImpl.<anonymous> (/Applications/Joplin.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/@electron/remote/dist/src/main/server.js:322:27)
at IpcMainImpl.emit (node:events:526:28)
at EventEmitter.<anonymous> (node:electron/js2c/browser_init:161:11829)
at EventEmitter.emit (node:events:526:28)

at /Applications/Joplin.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/@electron/remote/dist/src/main/server.js:466:25
at IpcMainImpl.<anonymous> (/Applications/Joplin.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/@electron/remote/dist/src/main/server.js:322:27)
at IpcMainImpl.emit (node:events:526:28)
at EventEmitter.<anonymous> (node:electron/js2c/browser_init:161:11829)
at EventEmitter.emit (node:events:526:28)

The above error message is similar to the error message mentioned in this issue. The fix for this is also included in v2.9.11 release, but does not seem to work in my case.

I have tried setting system language to English (UK) but it didn't work.

Does the app actually crashes, or is that an error message in the console?

The app is crashing. After clicking "ok", the app automatically closes.
Here's a screenshot:

Ok this is due to this change - https://github.com/laurent22/joplin/pull/6617#discussion_r1006988217 We'll either fix or revert the PR before release

1 Like

Could it be an issue with the theme as well?

I could get it working by deleting all of macos theme's settings so if @whitewall is using macos theme they might try doing that.

I'm on Windows and not using a theme. That macos theme is a plugin, no?

@whitewall yes it is, and it's what caused the problem in my case
read this issue and see if you can solve it this way

As I said, I'm not using the macos theme.

I thought you meant you were using it.

@whitewall is it possible that you can move all the config files to another place and then test if that works?
I don't know how to do it on windows

No, I asked if it was a plugin just to make sure that I wasn't using it. I can confirm it is not installed. There is a slight chance that I tried to use it when it first came out, but I can't be sure.

In any case, that's really a problem that should be fixed in the Joplin code, eh? If a once installed but not currently being used plugin can cause a problem, that seems like a bug in the main software.

If someone can walk me through it I am willing to test. However I'm really nervous about borking my install.

can you tell me what plugins have you installed?
you can reinstall the 2.9.8 version and tell me that

It is more likely that it is an issue with the plugins, not joplin