Per-note spell checker setting

Hi,

Would it be possible to allow the selection of a different language for the spell checker for each note?

I use multiple languages on Joplin and changing the spell checker language often is not the best user experience.

Another possibility would be to do as suggested on another feature request, i.e. a multi-language spell checker.

Thank you for your attention.

1 Like

Actually Electron natively supports multi-language spell check. SpellChecker | Electron

Chrome, Edge and another browsers based on Electron support it. Also other note taking apps that based on Electron support it, like Obsidian or Standard Notes.

I found it weird that Joplin don't support it, since it's uses Electron native spell checker. There other thread in the forum about this Multi-language spell checker? and Per-note language tag for spell checking.

Hi,

At some point in the past few months, the ability to choose more than one language for the spell checker was added to Joplin.

This implements the multi-language spell checker proposed on another feature request and solves the hassle of changing the spell checker language often.

Thank you for your attention.