Homepage    |    GitHub    |    API    |    FAQ

Network request failed ERROR trying to sync Joplin iOS against NextCloud 18

Dears,

I'm having the "Network request failed" error when syncing Joplin on mobile to a NextCloud installation. My NC WebDAV URL is domain/nextcloud/remote.php/dav/files/user/docs/joplin on HTTP only (no HTTPS)

Sync config check gives Network request failed error although user/passowrd/url are correct.

Details :
Joplin 12.3.1 on iOS 14.7.1
Database v39 FTS1 enabled
Desktop app is Joplin 1.7.11 on Windoze 10
(prod, win32) Sync Version: 2
Profile Version: 34
Keychain Supported: Yes
Revision: f560563d8 (master)

Backend is NextCloud 18.0.4

Log from my mobile :point_down:

Update : Desktop client sync ok. Issue is with Joplin mobile app only. I double-checked the target NC URL (& credentials too) and it is the exact same URL from both mobile an desktop clients but mobile client not syncing.

Any help :slightly_smiling_face: ?

Trying to access sync target URL from the browser gives authentication error as follows

Sabre\DAV\Exception\NotAuthenticated No public access to this resource., No 'Authorization: Basic' header found. Either the client didn't send one, or the server is misconfigured, No 'Authorization: Bearer' header found. Either the client didn't send one, or the server is mis-configured, No 'Authorization: Basic' header found. Either the client didn't send one, or the server is misconfigured

I met the same problem on my iPad when I sync against with my WebDAV server, the same url and account information works well on both windows and android end. I found that if I use the IP address instead of a DDNS address it sync successfully, I think the issue happens on the domain name resolution.

I had the same problem when my server did not support HTTPS. So in my case moving to HTTPS resolve the sync issue on IOS.Joplin 12.3.1, IOS 14.8, Netcloud 21.0.1.