Network request failed error trying to sync Joplin iOS against NextCloud 24.0.2

Dears,

I'm encountering the "Network request failed" error again when syncing Joplin on my iPad to my Synology NAS hosting NextCloud 24.0.2
The WebDAV URL is https://IP/nextcloud/remote.php/dav/Notizen/Joplin.

Sync config check gives Network request failed error although user/passowrd/url is correct.

The versions I'm running are:
Synology 7.1-42661
Nextcloud 24.0.2
iPadOS 15.5
Joplin 12.8.1

Joplin on my Macbook works fine and syncs without problems.
The WebDav-Page is reachable is reachable in the browser and gives the "This is the WebDAV interface..."-response

The problem only exists since my self-signed-certificate had to be renewed which I had done using openssl via cli on my mac and importing the certificates to the ipad and my SynologyNas.

I'm a bit stuck at the moment and am not sure where to look on and continue.

Log-Screenshot:

So I managed to create a new self-signed-certificate and import it into the Diskstation. Joplin now works great again :relieved:

Most helpfull was this thread on Github: Github-Link to the rescue which I followed closely.

Only when creating the certificate using the csr I added the subjectAltName in form of an IP-Adress because I don't use a Domainname for my Diskstation in my local network.
Like mentioned from one of the commentors on github; if you use more than one DomainName you should also include them in that way.

So instead of:

openssl x509 -req -in mydomain.com.csr -CA rootCA.crt -CAkey rootCA.key -CAcreateserial -out mydomain.com.crt -days 500 -sha256

I went with:

openssl x509 -req -in IP.csr -CA rootCA.crt -CAkey rootCA.key -CAcreateserial -out IP.crt -days 500 -sha256 -extfile <(printf "subjectAltName=IP:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx")

If you use Domainnames you will probably go with something like this:

openssl x509 -req -in test.csr -CA rootCA.crt -CAkey rootCA.key -CAcreateserial -out test.crt -days 500 -sha256 -extfile <(printf "subjectAltName=DNS:firstDNSname,DNS:secondDNSname")

That did the trick for me.

I hope this helps anyone :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.