Home / GitHub Page

Long notes are not visible in Android edit mode

Hi,

in Joplin 1.0.323 on Android I cannot edit long notes.
The content of notes with more than 32 lines is not visible in the editor.

It might just be the text color, which changes to the background color if the note is too long.
I can still select words and type. But characters are just invisible. I tried all themes with the same result.

Maybe someone can confirm that?

cheers

Did you put your whole note in title? If yes, then that error is there and I just made a PR that fix that. But if you paste your long note in body, then it’s working perfectly fine, I just tested it. I can easily edit and see my changes. Can you please give a screenshot?

nope, it’s not in the title.

I can’t reproduce it, everything seems to work on my phone ( one plus 6 ), can you try on any other phone, it might be the font issue, may be your phone doesn’t have the fonts it requires. We can fix that issue, please confirm it. And also can you please show what note has this problem?

Yes, it seems to be a font issue…
Maybe I can try it on another phone tomorrow.
Which fonts do I need? Maybe I can install them somehow?
But it’s strange that the font changes when adding a line.
Here is a test note. This works but if I add another line it disappears:

asdasdasdasdasdasd
asdasdasdasdasdasd
asdasdasdasdasdsdfsdf
dfgfdgdfgdfgdfgdfg
fghhjghjghjghjghjghj
werwqeqwewerwerwerwer
tzrtzrtzrtzrtzrtzztu
fghfghfghfghfghfghfgh
xdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdf
sdfasawefsdfbcvbfgdfgd
seerdfgfgdfgdfdfgdfg
ererwerwerwerwerwerw
ghrthhfghfghfghfgh
fghfghdfsdfsdfsdf
asdasdasdasdasdasd
asdasdasdasdasdsdfsdf
dfgfdgdfgdfgdfgdfg
fghhjghjghjghjghjghj
werwqeqwewerwerwerwer
tzrtzrtzrtzrtzrtzztu
fghfghfghfghfghfghfgh
xdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdf
seerdfgfgdfgdfdfgdfg
ererwerwerwerwerwerw
ghrthhfghfghfghfgh
fghfghdfsdfsdfsdf
xdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdfsdf
sdfasawefsdfbcvbfgdfg
seerdfgfgdfgdfdfgdfg
ererwerwerwerwerwerw
111111
hjhjhgjh

Yeah it worked for me, try it tomorrow in another phone, if there it worked that means the problem is with the font, then we can easily fix this by providing the font in the app itself.

I tried on another android and it worked there. On the Linux desktop there is also no problem. It seems that only my device is affected :frowning:

For the moment I can live with that but it would be nice to have that fixed at some point.

I wonder why something is changing when using more than 32 lines. That might not be intended.

1 Like

Even I am note sure about that. But we can surely find a fix for that.

1 Like

I updated to the new version 1.0.324 today and the issue is gone!

Thank you so much for the help :slight_smile:

1 Like