I learned this morning that my beloved and well kept wiki pages on all sorts of topics will be removed from Teams and have to be converted to OneNote! And I don't want to use OneNote. I never liked it. I never will like it. So now I'm scrambling to find an alternative, and I must say so far Joplin looks like the best alternative to me.
- It has a clean and simple to user interface
- I can edit the text in a wysiwig editor and am not forced to write everything in a mark up editor
- It lets me add code snippets and even formats the code according to language
The only thing I miss is that the Teams wiki lists the chapters you make on each page under the page name (the note list in Joplin). I like to write instructions for how to do things on one page, and then use the index it generates to quickly jump to a certain step.
Is there a plugin or setting that will do that?
So to give an example:
- Installing Jopling
- download (this jumps to the first H1 header of the note 'Installing Joplin')
- configure (this jumps to the second H1 header of the note 'Installing Joplin'