Indentation & Vertical Spacing in Editor

Hello, relatively new to Joplin, but loving it. First post.

I am wondering if I can use some CSS to make the markdown editor format its text more like the second image below ("Preferred Look"). The differences between the two are detailed in the text of the image.

Essentially, my goal is to have the editor view format text more similar to the final output of the Markdown, which is beautiful in Joplin (below). The reason for this is I like to type only in the editor view and never end up looking at the final markdown output. Silly, I know but that's the way I do it.

• Version 1.7.10
  • Windows 10 and Big Sur
3 Likes

I wrote up a very hacky solution to this over here Fully indented paragraphs in plain text editor - #4 by uxamanda. I have been using it for a few weeks now, and I think the pros (having bullets indented) outweigh the cons (the cursor acts weird on very long bullets, often in the wrong spot).

Would love to see if anyone else has a better solution to it!

2 Likes

Ahh, thank you. I figured you had something up your sleeve :slight_smile:

That cursor definitely does get funky though. I wonder why that is happening

1 Like

I think many people use Joplin this way. Hence the Rich Markdown plugin

I think CodeMirror is tracking the position of where the characters should be and isn't tracking the characters themselves, so the cursor isn't moving with the design change.

Yes! Would be awesome if that was fixed with that plugin. I added a note there.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.