Hyperlinks - Joplin 1.0.166 - Non-functioning

Just after upgrading to 1.0.166 (Win10 Pro 1903 x64) I added a note (with simplified web clipper) and noticed that the page was splashed with Joplin icons. A quick experiment found the below:

(1) If a link is created as an in-line URL using brackets, the Joplin internal link icon is now added and the link does not work. Links in notes created prior to the 1.0.166 upgrade initially do not have the internal link icon and the links work, but appear to be gradually being replaced by non-functioning links with a Joplin icon. I have some notes where one has been replaced but another has not.

(2) “Plain” links (i.e the link is the text entered directly into the note) also now has a Joplin internal link icon and the link does not work. “Plain” links in notes created prior to the 1.0.166 upgrade initially do not have the internal link icon and the links work, but appear to be gradually being replaced by non-functioning links with a Joplin icon. I have some notes where one has been replaced but another has not.

(3) Joplin internal links work as normal

Is this happening to anyone else?

1 Like

Hi
The same here. Also E-Mail-Links are not working.

The only pattern I can find at the moment appears to be linked to whether the URL specified has a trailling forward slash or not.

Those without appear as non-functioning links with a “J” icon. Those with trailling slashes are without a “J” icon and work.

EDIT:
It appears that Joplin is treating any URL that does not end in a trailling slash or an actual page reference (e.g. index.html) as an internal link and, as there is no resource of that name, it is a non-functioning link.

Yes it will be fixed in the next release. I’ll try to release it quick as it’s not good to have links broken.

That possibly wins today's "understatement of the day" award :slight_smile:

Thanks for the quick response.

FYI

Joplin 1.0.167 has been released