Desktop version info

Joplin 2.13.15 (prod, linux)

Client ID: 716cb546afc74eb380746ca9a0e7f6b2
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 44
Keychain Supported: No

Revision: 7d2c1c08e

What issue do you have?

I imported an ENEX file from Evernote. The problem is most likely Evernote not sharing the hierarchy of Notebook lists and associated files within each Notebook. I have Evernote Legacy on my desktop. What I see on the left banner is all of my Notebooks. Example: Birds and then when I click on Birds it opens up all the different notes under Birds. Another one would be House Fixes, click on House Fixes and it opens all the different notes dealing with House Fixes.

The import of the ENEX file does not create a hierarchy but instead places everything in a Notebook titled Evernote. Notes are available to be seen but there is nothing that catalogs each set of notes, example Birds and House Fixes as noted above.

There is some associations under tags in Joplin but it wasn't for the entire imported notes.

There is a work around, but it will take a long time and work around is to export out of Evernote each Notebook, one at a time, import into Joplin and give that Notebook a new identifying name.

Any way to streamline the process or is this just going to take time? My attachment shows the banner on the left in Joplin having the full Evernote import and then one titled Birds, which was a separate export that conatined only bird notes. I would need to do about 30 export / imports to acheive the same effect.

Screenshots

that's not expected behavior :thinking: can you share a sample of such enex file?

2.14 beta version has import of multiple enex (directory)

AH -- 2,14 has the ability and I am at 2.13. I need to update but Fedora 39 KDE has a repository that only has the 2.13. I could probably get 2.14 from Github but I'm not very good at the commands to do Github things.

Since the app packaged as an Appimage I believe you don't need to "install" it. Simply download it, give permissions to execute the package (if needed) and run it.

Once you're done importing ENEX you can delete the 2.14 package and keep on using 2.13 version until 2.14 gets stable -- comes to official repo.

I did see there was an apppackage. I'll give it a try.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.