Easy way to strip out/remove HTML from imported Evernotes?

Operating system

Windows

Joplin version

Desktop version info

Joplin 2.13.11 (prod, win32)

Client ID: 5de6279305484d6bae6e13d5899e1d60
Sync Version: 3
Profile Version: 44
Keychain Supported: Yes

Revision: 6670f9a

What issue do you have?

• UPDATE + + + + + +

I think that my issue was caused because I imported the ENEX file as HTML instead of MD. Fortunately, I haven't changed or added too many things since the migration, so I am re-importing the ENEX files as MD, and this solves my issue.

I had never seen/heard/learned anything about MD until I moved everything to Joplin. It would be nice to have some kind of a wiki for newbies about the different files types and what is recommended when migrating. Maybe such does exist, but I have had a hard time finding info here for people like me who are completely clueless.

Anyway, thank you for creating Joplin. I am really glad that it exists!

• INITIAL POST + + + + + +

On December 11, I migrated all my Evernote cookbook notebooks and notes to Joplin and abandoned Evernote except as a very occasional reference. I am very happy with Joplin for the most part. The main issue I have is that everything I imported appears with HTML in the editing Window. Although I am familiar with HTML and can deal with editing it, I was just wondering if there is some easy way to strip out all the HTML from the imported files. I have tried copying the text of a note into the MD window and reformatting it as MD, but this doesn't seem to work, plus I have more than 2K notes and would prefer something that could process all of these files in one go, ideally preserving the formatting. Would one of the export options work - i.e. export as one type and import as another? Hope you can help me and thanks in advance!

• END OF INITIAL POST + + + + + +
              Marian

Screenshots

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.