Can't find my notes after upgrading to version 2.10

• I couldn't find my notes after upgrading to version 2.10.
    I attached the log file please let me know what to do

log.txt (1.2 MB)

Could you please add a few details

• which version used before
  • how many notes
  • sync target (if any)
  • did you use backup
  • what else did you do in what sequence ?
    etc etc etc

Dear Ajay,

Thank you for your response.

• which version used before

• => I am not quite sure because I migrated from Ubuntu to Windows-10 and installed Joplin around 3 month ago and used the Jex backup. Everything was fine untill I updated to version 2.9/2.10.

• how many notes

• => around 177

• sync target (if any)

• => None

• did you use backup

• => yes, but not with the current notes

• what else did you do in what sequence ?

• => i just respond by clicking to update notifications from joplin. I think the notes are still available but unable to populate it to the GUI

With best regards,

Do I understand right that the notes you lost are all of those you created in the last weeks, long after your created the JEX backup. So if any experiment to get the latest notes back failed, you would still have most of your notes (because you kept the JEX created long ago) ... ?

I know isn't all conclusive. So what I am gonna say next is a shot in the dark ... anyway ... you have little to loose.

• install the "simple backup" plugin, select a backup location and run a manual backup (from the tools menu I think), any errors, any problems - or does it simply finish ?
  • IF and only of there where no errors => clear the profile folder manually, restart Joplin, restore from the backup just created and see if the notes come back ?
  • report your findings

One completely different idea: you did NOT play with CSS or similar, some tweaks which could make notes invisible in the extreme case ?

Good luck.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.