Jira Issue: 2.4.0
Markdown Prettier: 0.1.0
Note Link System: 0.8.0
Note Tabs: 1.4.0
Quick Move: 1.1.0
Rich Markdown: 0.13.3
Templates: 2.4.0

What issue do you have?

After the latest update, Joplin only shows one note per notebook. The notebook does count the amount of notes there should be, but in the note list I don't see them. So a notebook might indicate it contains 7 notes, but I cannot select them. Help?

1 Like

Update: downgrading does not help, I installed 2.13.6, but no difference. Fortunately exporting to a directory results for me to have all markdown files, including the one not shown at least visible in the file system.

Worst case, you have a jex backup from just before updating to latest beta, correct?

Hmm, yeah, I have that, but slightly older. But that's worse case I guess.

I'm a bit shaken by the fact that my repository of notes could so easily be broken by Joplin itself without any obvious cause. Haven't had that in the years I have used Joplin, but I start to appreciate the plain file format that Obsidian seems to use. At least you are not stuck with the note taking app you are using. At the moment, I have changed the markdown directory that I exported from Joplin to an Obsidian vault, so I can still work with it while I figure out what to do with Joplin. Haven't used Obsidian before and I prefer FOSS, but it'll do for now.

Could you try in safe mode? Under the help menu

You have a lot of plugins and it's possible that one of them is causing an issue

Or do you have custom css?

That was it. I did have custom css, only I set it so long ago, I forgot. I just removed it all and now it works.
Mental note to myself: don't customise too much.

Glad I can go back to my trusted Joplin instance. I've been using this for quite some years and has served me well. I'm also glad it was my own mistake and Joplin is still stable an functioning well.

Thanks!

One question, I know that the userchrome file is considered unstable and rightfully so as I experienced here. But is this the same for the rendering css? I do need that for my purposes.

2 Likes

Glad that solved it for you! The renderer CSS is a lot safer to use since it only affects the rendered note, so even if there's an issue it won't make the whole application unusable.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.