Windows

Joplin version

Sync target

OneDrive

Editor

Markdown Editor

What issue do you have?

Hi,

Today I was having a "please upgrade sync target" popup on joplin, when i clicked it, it restarted joplin window saying that upgrade is in progress and will be completed automatically.
Once it completed, I lost most of my notes, and some of them appeared in the conflicts section.
I tried conflict resolution plugin but diff window is not opening up and these conflicts also does not include all the notes its just few of them.
Where have my notes gone?

Really wish I could help. But I have never seen such a message in Joplin. Hopefully a sb else will tell you why it happened or how to avoid it.
But anyway, do you have a complete local backup of your notes, e.g. generated with the simple backup plugin ?

1 Like

Luckily I had not too old backup so I used it. The plugin you mentioned will be very helpful, I wasn't aware of it and was making manual backups. Thanks a bunch.

Best practice for the plugin is to make a single jex backup, rather than jex backup for each notebook. I have it automatically create a daily backup.

1 Like

correct! this works just fine. And do not forget to set the plugin preferences to your case and needs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.