Can't connect with dropbox

Operating system

Windows

Joplin version

3.7.18

Desktop version info

Joplin 3.7.18 (prod, win32)

Устройство: win32, 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12500
Идентификатор клиента:
Версия синхронизации: 3
Версия профиля: 53
Поддерживаемая связка ключей: Да
Альтернативный идентификатор экземпляра: -
Sync target: Dropbox
Редактор: Свободный текст

Изменения: ce25482

Backup: 1.5.1
Freehand Drawing: 4.3.0

Sync target

Dropbox

What issue do you have?

Due to OneDrive access issues, I wanted to set up synchronization via Dropbox, but I'm getting a certificate error (screenshot). How can I fix this?

Screenshots

Are you on a company network? This error often occurs when a company is inserting its own private TLS certificates into the certificate chain so it can read and monitor your HTTPS traffic. As Joplin uses its own certificate authority store it does not recognise these certificates and the connection errors.

There are no such certificates within the company, and HTTPS traffic is not inspected. I am an administrator.

Could it be at the provider level?

I doubt that it would be Dropbox as the certificate is "self-signed" and not by a recognised certificate authority. It would be a bit scary if somehow your ISP was doing this.

Could it be that your Anti-Virus / Internet Security software is responsible?

I do not know if this works for this kind of TLS error but there is an option in the settings to "Ignore TLS Certificate errors"

Tools > Options > Synchronisation > Show Advanced Settings > Ignore TLS Certificate errors