Home / GitHub Page

It works separately but it doesn't work to synchronize

Hi,

I use Joplin on my mobile device and my desktop through dropbox.
Unfortunately, the notes/books are not the same.
Separate synchronizations work but as of result, this is not the same on the devices.

Iphone:10.0.37
Desktop Win10: 10.0.170

Thank you

up

Are you sure both devices sync to the same Dropbox account? Check the sync status on each and check the files on Dropbox under the App/Joplin folder, Are all files from each device in the folder on Dropbox? are any errors showing in the sync status logs?

I removed the content of App/Joplin and removed the Joplin rights then.
I started from scratch and despite the loss of a lot of things it works now, thanks.

@mulanee I’m glad it’s working, but sorry to hear you lost a lot. Did you export your data to JEX files prior to removing it? When you “removed” Joplin, did you delete the files/folders, or rename them? Is there any chance the data could be in the trash bin?

I’m having a similar issue. Sync doesn’t actually sync. I believe that in my case, it is an issue with Catalina.

I have created a new note in Joplin on the desktop (running Mac OS 10.15.1). Then I click the Synchronise button.

Completed: 11/11/2019 15:13

Last error: FetchError: request to https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/files/create_folder_v2 failed, reason: self signed certificate in certificate chain

I believe that the “self signed certificate” is the issue.

I also created a note on an iPhone (running 13.2.2). That note seems to have sync correctly (it appears to be in Dropbox). However, it is not showing up on the Mac.

Devices:
Mac (running 15.10.1)
iPhone (running 13.2.2)
Dropbox for sync
Joplin 1.0.160 (prod, darwin)

There is an update to Joplin (verion 1.0.173). I’ve installed that one. I did get the notice about not being able to open the App as Apple can’t verify the developer.

Unfortunately, still no sync. Same failed reason: self signed certificate in certificate chain.

How can you have a self signed cert when you connect to Dropbox? This sounds like a MITM attack.

I didn’t export anything because I was not able to find the way on my mobile phone.
I deleted the folder and the application on the dropbox web interface.
This is done it works, that’s the most important I rebuilt the deleted files easily.
Thank you for the support