I installed Joplin Desktop and imported lots of notes and encrypted them with a strong password. I used local storage to save the files and saved them to my Google Drive.
On my phone I synced the folders (used an app to download the Joplin Folder from my Google Drive).
But the problem is, that the app seems not to be able to open the files that were synced:
Last error: Error: Could not upgrade from version 0 to 1: Error: File '/storage/emulated/0/Documents/Joplin/.sync/version.txt' does not exist and could not be created, or is a directory. Path: '/storage/emulated/0/Documents/Joplin/.sync/version.txt'
Now from file manager I can see that file. And when I rename it, the Error message actually changes:
Last error: Error: Could not upgrade from version 0 to 1: Error: File '/storage/emulated/0/Documents/Joplin/info.json' does not exist and could not be created, or is a directory. Path: '/storage/emulated/0/Documents/Joplin/info.json'
If I delete this file too, the next error message points me to this forum and points to .sync/readme.txt
If I delete readme.txt too, then the syncronization "is successful" but no notebooks are loaded.
Any ideas what could be the issue and how to handle it?
I tried version 2.9.2 and unfortunately I have to report it doesn't work either.
I wanted to attach the error log as text, but i can't select it as text and the error logs are stored to a protected location which i can't access on my unrooted device. So here are some screenshots with logs and proof i was using v 2.9.2.
Update: i can only upload 1 item
Thank you, your suggestion led me to the solution even im the current dev version (2.9.2)
Although it was not as straightforward as one might think.
I copied the files to the media folder, and when changing the sync folder i got into the directory selection menu. Choosing a directory there changed the the format of the directory address.
After noticing that I changed back to the original directory as this is the one where the files are synced.
The adress now is
It still needed multiple tries of manually syncing afterwards, but this seems to be related to another issue. I will open a new bug for that when i have a spare 20 minutes.
Thank you so much for your efforts, wh201906!