The new Android pre-release is now available with the below changes. The main changes are the work done by Henry on the new text editor, and the fix to filesystem sync.
The APK can be downloaded from there:
- New: Add alt text/roles to some buttons to improve accessibility (#6616 by Henry Heino)
- New: Add keyboard-activatable markdown commands (e.g. bold, italicize) on text editor (#6707 by Henry Heino)
- Improved: Ctrl+F search support in beta editor (#6587 by Henry Heino)
- Improved: Improve syntax highlighting on mobile beta editor (#6684 by Henry Heino)
- Improved: Removes whitespace above navigation component (#6597 by @tom)
- Fixed: Do not encrypt non-owned note if it was not shared encrypted (#6645)
- Fixed: Fix checklist continuation in beta editor (#6577) (#6576 by Henry Heino)
- Fixed: Fixed android filesystem sync (#6395) (#5779 by @jd1378)
- Fixed: Note links with HTML notation did not work (#6515)
- Fixed: Scroll selection into view in beta editor when window resizes (#6610) (#5949 by Henry Heino)
With the filesystem sync fix, do we know if this also fixes the "export profile" function? I think this was broken due to the same issue. I'll test it when I have a chance but just wondering if anyone else has tried it.
I don't think anyone has checked yet, but I assume if it wasn't working it still won't be working because that code would need to be updated to use the new filesystem lib.
In which case we probably need to open (or check for an existing) issue detailing it (if it is still going on) as it might be relatively easy pickings for somebody and is a rather useful little feature.
A new version is available that includes the toolbar as well as filsystem sync fixes.
- New: Add Markdown toolbar (#6753 by Henry Heino)
- New: Add long-press tooltips (#6758 by Henry Heino)
- Improved: Enable spellcheck by default on beta editor (#6778 by Henry Heino)
- Improved: Setting to disable spellcheck in beta editor (#6780 by Henry Heino)
- Fixed: Don't reload the application on screen rotation (#6737) (#6732 by Henry Heino)
- Fixed: Fix default font in beta editor (#6760) (#6759 by Henry Heino)
- Fixed: Fix side menu width on wide screen devices (#6662 by Tolulope Malomo)
- Fixed: Fixed Android filesystem sync (resources) (#6789) (#6779 by @jd1378)
- Fixed: Fixed handling of normal paths in filesystem sync (#6792) (#6791 by @jd1378)
Filesystem now working and syncing properly
Unfortunately it does not work for me.
The API error I had before disappeared with 2.9.2. but the app syncs for around 20-30 minutes and then just said it completed. But it does not recognizes the files. It also does not show, how many files it synced. But also no errors.
- I have ~ some thousand notes (total files around 10000 in my joplin raw folder)
- I am syncing them with syncthing locally to a folder in the internal Android storage
- I already reset Joplin Android and point the sync location again to the internal folder where syncthing synced them.
That's quite strange... From the screencast above, it seems that list continuation only sometimes works. I'm not experiencing this issue (Android 12/Samsung OneUI 4).
List continuation is handled by CodeMirror's built-in markdown support. CodeMirror builds a syntax tree that represents the markdown document before enabling list continuation, etc. My guess as to what's going wrong is that CodeMirror isn't building a full syntax tree (though this normally happens quickly).
Is list continuation always broken or just sometimes?
Yes, he only performs well on the default language of my system. English is not the default language. I make mistakes when I enter English. I have never tried other languages.
The mobile phone system version is Android 10.
Filesystem sync works now.
Attaching files doesn't work.
File type and location doesn't matter. I've tried with jpg, png, txt, json etc. Tried local and external storage. Doesn't work even with files in the sync target folder, even though the sync works.