Any suggestions on what plugins could be created?

Something like mdwiki "Alert" gimmicks?

Alerts are automatically placed whenever you start a paragraph with a special trigger word, that has to be followed by a colon : or exclamation mark !.
Trigger words are case insensitive, and must be one of the following:

Type Trigger
Warning warning, achtung, attention, warnung, atención, guarda, advertimiento, attenzione
Note note, beachte, nota
Hint hint, tip, tipp, hinweis, suggerimento

14 Likes

It would be nice to have a navigation tool using heading hierarchy like TOC.

Current TOC is good, but after I click any heading on TOC to jump to a section, I have to scroll all the way up to TOC again to make use of the headings there as quick index.

Maybe something like LO doc’s navigator as the pic attached

libreoffic_doc_navigator

And million thanks for all the good works, great app!

5 Likes

I'm writing a tutorial on how to create a TOC plugin, which does exactly this so that might help :slight_smile: The nice thing with a toc plugin is that it covers many aspect of the plugin system - creating views, retrieving note data, interacting with the editor, etc.

12 Likes

Really looking forward to the tutorial and to the plugin-ecosystem I am sure will spring from this.

I proposed something similar here

Hi! just started using joplin, would love a plugin that allows for color-coded notebooks/notes/tags. Haven’t found much discussion of that here, but it’s a feature I desperately want in a note-taking system. The Zettlekasten and tag overview ideas are also very good!

5 Likes

A table of contents as a sidebar like notebooks and notes

3 Likes

maybe you can try this css for TOC, I like it like that but you can adapt it :wink:

nav.table-of-contents>ul {
display:inline;
bottom: 0;
right: 0;
position: fixed;
background-image: linear-gradient(to left, rgba(255,0,0,0), hsla(220, 17%, 40%, 0.5));
padding: 5px;
margin: 5px;
border-radius: var(--base-size-4);
max-width: 25%;
font-size: 11px;
overflow:auto;
height: 40%;
line-height: normal;
font-weight: 400;
}
it was mainly adapted from "share your css" topic and (@uxamanda + @uar I think)

4 Likes

Great explanations and suggestions there. I spent a little time looking at zettlr and giving the citation management wit Zotero a spin with my 2000+ entities library .
Adding to your great explanations, there is a very nice “modern” alternative to the 1980s BibTex format: CSL JSON available - among others - in the js-citeproc package also used by zettlr and others. The records look like this and are automatically updated by the Better-BibTex Plugin in Zotero when you add a new item (which happens a lot in the workflows of scientific writing). I imagine that citeproc-js would be an interesting candidate to consider for Joplin as well…

{
        "id": "berners-leeSemanticWeb2001",
        "accessed": {
            "date-parts": [
                [
                ]
            ]
        },
        "author": [
            {
                "family": "Berners-Lee",
                "given": "Tim"
            },
            {
                "family": "Hendler",
                "given": "James"
            },
            {
                "family": "Lassila",
                "given": "Ora"
            }
        ],
        "container-title": "Scientific American",
        "issue": "5",
        "issued": {
            "date-parts": [
                [
                ]
            ]
        },
        "page": "28–37",
        "title": "The semantic web",
        "type": "article-journal",
        "URL": "http://isel2918929391.googlecode.com/svn-history/r347/trunk/RPC/Slides/p01_theSemanticWeb.pdf",
        "volume": "284"
    },
1 Like

Hello everyone, I suggest the following two plugins should be created to improve the performance of the note list in Joplin.

• able to add a red flag and blue circle in the left side of each row of the note list. The red flag is used to mark the importance of the note. The blue circle is used to show the note has been read already. The diagram is as follows
    flag and circle
  • able to add a text format style in the note list, especially for the bold and strikethrough style. The bold style can remind you that you are currently focused on the note. The stikethrough style can remind you that you have already processed the note. The diagram is as follows
    加粗和删除线
3 Likes

I also suggest a plugin to enable the tree path tracing in the sidebar of Joplin just as the software “XYplorer” do. I think this function will let the sidebar of Joplin be more convenience to use. The diagram is as follows

3 Likes

I would like to have “tag hierarchy”, or “grouped tags”, just like the way it behaves with notebooks and sub-notebooks. Don’t know how difficult it is to implement something like this, hopefully not too bad.

4 Likes

This is done in the latest pre-release, and feedback and beta-testing is welcome on this feature actually.

1 Like

Oh god, I am sorry, I didn’t know about the pre-releases.
I just updated to 1.0.229, and it works great!
Please let me know if I should remove my previous comment.

I would like the possibility to choose between, to make a search in the markdown editor or the viewer. Actually search are made only in the viewer.
(Perhaps it’s include in the project search engine @naviji )

Not included.

Is this the Citavi app? I tested it before and I think its a great compliment app for Joplin, I did not use it because it does not have a way to connect with other apps like zotero has the uri scheme. Maybe once Joplin has the joplin:\ uri scheme then I might try it again.

Yes, it is. The Citavi app has some amazing features that may be applied to Joplin.

[

pengruifei

邮箱:pengruifei@aliyun.com

](https://maas.mail.163.com/dashi-web-extend/html/proSignature.html?iconUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fmail-online.nosdn.127.net%2Fqiyelogo%2FdefaultAvatar.png&name=pengruifei&uid=pengruifei%40aliyun.com&ftlId=1&items=["邮箱:pengruifei%40aliyun.com"])

签名由 网易邮箱大师 定制

1 Like

I am working on a cs research project for data mining, and there are a number of backend plugins I might me interested in implementing such as

• pdf indexing
  • auto-tagging based on n-gram data mining
  • and other automatic “text cleanup and manipulation”

Really excited about a plugin system. I was planning on forking, but plugins would be much better in my case.

2 Likes

Yes, it is. The Citavi app has some amazing features that may be applied to Joplin.