Home / GitHub Page

Week 9, 10: Project Search Engine

I’ve finished testing the new search filters manually on desktop, mobile, and cli. Everything looks fine. Hopefully, we’ll have it merged soon.

I also added new tests to check that the Okapi BM25 ranking function is working correctly.

We’re currently giving notes that have the search term in the title a better rank than other notes (that don’t have a title match) with a better relevance score. Instead, we could prioritize title over body by a constant factor. Eg. Give a 50% boost to the score from matching in the title.

An initial implementation of fuzzy search is finished. But since it works on top of the new search implementation, I’ll wait until that gets merged to make a PR.

4 Likes