Android app sync issue - directionality?

Hello. I'm using the Android app from the Google play store. I've been trying to create documents/notebooks on my android phone and syncing via NextCloud to have my files on my computer at home. However, the android app isn't transfering my notes made on the mobile app. However, I have no issues making docs and notebooks on my computer; my android phone will sync, taking the files from NextCloud from my computer with no issues. I'm not sure why it works in one direction but not the other. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I haven't played with the mobile app much, but I've been using Joplin long enough and I don't see any settings that would address this issue.

No error codes, no other symptoms, everything appears as normal as it did upon day 1.

1 Like

I have to ask: when you've created your post, did you see a template? For example, the template asks you to specify the version number, provide a log, etc. which you obviously didn't do. And because nobody seem to give a f about the template, I'm wondering if it's being displayed at all? Or is there something confusing about it?

Those are not rhetorical questions as would like to improve the template so that it's no longer ignored, but it's not clear how.

Hello. I only see the first 2-4 lines of text when I clicked to make a new topic. I didn't know there was more text below, I had no indication to notice the scroll bar had room to travel. I think having a title around the top like [THIS]. That way, there will be a guarantee of seeing it since it's on the first line. Also, here is my information:

Version - 1.7.5
Sync - Sync with WebDav NextCloud
Upgrading - No issues
editor - No issues
OS - PC [Arco Linux], Mobile [Android10, Kernel 4.19.81]

"Export Profile" from the mobile app - syncReport-1614099731514.txt (182.8 KB)

[SCROLL AND READ FOR FORMATTING BEFORE POSTING]
For bug reports, please post them on GitHub - Issues · laurent22/joplin · GitHub
If you post a bug report here, we cannot track it and there's a chance it won't be looked at and fixed.

For other support queries please indicate:

• The version you are using. LATEST VERSION is not a version number!
  • If it is a sync issue, please let us know what you are syncing with.
  • If you report a problem with upgrading, please let us know both versions (from/to).
  • If you report a problem with the editor, please tell us which editor you are using (WYSIWYG/Markdown).
  • The operating system you are using.

If you can also please provide a log, as described here: https://joplinapp.org/debugging

Posts that do not at least state the version number and operating system will not be answered.

Yes, we also should remove the <!-- because then it will show up in the preview, people are deleting it anyway.

P.S.: I've updated the template.

1 Like

The template is always displayed (for me).

I've noticed none of the notes I wrote on my phone are synced to my computer. They all have the same errors:

[unable to resolve host "us.cloudamo.com": No address associated with hostname].

It is all text/mark-down files, there are no pictures being uploaded from my Android to NextCloud to PC.

I looked around the forums and couldn't find a solution. If there is one can I get a link to the forum?

I have additional information.

Joplin is only syncing the content between my phone and tablet. Nothing from either my phone or my tablet makes it to Joplin on my PC. i.e. When I create a new note in Joplin mobile, I will sync the mobile device (tablet or phone), and also do the same with the joplin-desktop. The result is nothing appearing on joplin-desktop, but my phone does successfully receive the new note created on mobile and transfer it to the tablet (second mobile device). I checked, and rechecked my WebDAV URL, and it's exactly what I have from NextCloud. I've also tried using my Nextcloud WebDAV address with login details under the WebDAV connection settings in Joplin, as opposed to NextCloud. In the mobile log I see this: 02-26T11:01:46: "Could not setup sync target:" Error: Unsupported WebDAV URL: [insert the URL from NextCloud WebDAV]. I scrolled down through the entire log and found no other suspicious looking errors. I've also uploaded a recent log above from mobile. There are also some errors about downloading files too large for mobile to handle which is expected and normal.

I hope this update helps.

Joplin mobile version 1.7.5 Database 34v

Also, here is a picture of what I am describing:

more:

I found that I can make documents on Joplin-desktop following a sync, and they show up on my mobile devices. However, any edits I make on mobile do not show up in joplin-desktop.

I've been having the same issue as well.

When I point my Android Joplin account to a filesystem, the only notes that appear are notes made by the android app, and only if the notes were made before changing the filesystem.

For example, if I make a folder called Joplin-1, make a few notes, then change my sync settings to a filesystem celled Joplin-2, if I later switch back to Joplin-1 (and the .md files are all present) there will be no notes that appear in the app. This was really throwing me for a loop trying to get my notes to sync with my localhost NextCloud instance. On my Linux setup, I can see the changes made by my Android application that is uploaded to Nextcloud, but when I sync the nextcloud files to the filesystem the Android application is pointed towards, these notes do not appear in the Android app. (I would love to be able to disable TLS checking on Android, but that's for another thread, otherwise Joplin is awesome.)

Play Store 1.7.5, Desktop is Linux Manjaro AUR 1.7.11

Update...

I decided to try a fresh operating system install - completely wiped the main SSD. It's nothing to try for me, I have everything stored off my OS drive. I've learned from the past sometimes you just have to wipe - no big deal. Anyway, everything is perfectly syncing now. No idea what happened before, I hope you fix it though. Best of luck. By the way, I have the exact same settings as when I submitted the first post.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.