I have been a happy user of Joplin since mid 2020 and I don't regret it! But, lately, I have run into more syncing issues than I ever had using Joplin.
Nevertheless, Joplin is a great piece of software and I have sufficiently made myself at home to consider it as my primary notetaking app for all purposes, so I won't call it quits just yet!
Quick note, I'm using Joplin on multiple devices with Nextcloud as my syncing target:
- a Windows 10 computer running Joplin 1.5.14
- an Android 10 tablet running Joplin 1.5.1
- an IPhone 6 under IOS 12.4.9 running Joplin 10.5.1.
- I have set up a web-hosted instance of Nexcloud 20 purchased from Cloudamo as my syncing target.
Here is the problem!
After a bit of learning and table flipping (figuratively!), I have set up Nextcloud as my syncing target on the above mentioned devices: it worked like a charm, well until I started experiencing syncing issues between Windows 10 and Android 10.
Synchronisation completes successfully, but changes to notes made on Joplin for desktop do not appear on Joplin's Android app. Instead, it shows an unmodified version of the same note.
However, in my writer's daily workflow, I absolutely need to have the latest revisions of my notes on my three devices to stay productive!
A few observations:
- The syncing targets quote on quote "seem correct" and point to the same directory at https://(insert domain name)/remote.php/dav/files/(insert username)/Documents/Joplin
- I have no other syncing issues to report between my other devices.
- I'm a total Nextcloud beginner when it comes to server hosting, so I'm testing the waters first before making a final decision on which instance I'll be using. I'm not going back to syncing with OneDrive (syncing issues!) or Dropbox (issues not related to Joplin) for the life of me!
- Your advice and guidance throughout the debugging procedure would be appreciated!
You may find attached a log file detailing the issue:
syncReport-1610311735277.txt (529.3 KB) .
Thanks in advance for your help regarding this issue and thank you for reading!