Homepage    |    GitHub    |    API    |    FAQ

Adding context menu for NoteProperties (#4658)

Hello everyone!
I created this topic to bring some light towards this issue. I provided a rough solution through my comment, ie. ensuring that a separate context menu is called exclusively for the NoteProperties dialog box.
Would appreciate your views regarding this.

1 Like

Please go ahead and provide a PR for your proposed solution. Keep in mind that an ideal solution would be flexible for all Joplin dialog boxes and would support making a distinction between read only and read/write fields. The ID for example is read only.

1 Like

Keep in mind that an ideal solution would be flexible for all Joplin dialog boxes and would support making a distinction between read only and read/write fields. The ID for example is read only.

Hi @CalebJohn !
I made the context menu specifically for NoteProperties dialog box, making all the distinction between read/write fields and also preventing the opening of the context menu of CodeMirror and TinyMCE running in the background (which was causing the original error).
Changes in the file have become around 100 lines as I had to write Cut, Copy, and Paste functions specific to the dialog box, but the logic behind the functions is fairly simple.
Would appreciate your thoughts regarding the PR .