Profile Version: 44
Keychain Supported: Yes

Revision: c3cdeeb

Persistent Editor Layout: 2.2.0
Toggle Editor Menu & Keyboard Shortcut: 1.0.1

Editor

Markdown Editor

What issue do you have?

Why did the Markdown editor switch to HTML? I copied an existing note to use as a template for a new one. When I view the old (existing) note, and toggle so both views are on, I see 2 panes, 1 is in Markdown form, the other in Rich Editor form. My new note shows HTML and Rich Editor.

How did it switch from Markdown to HTML? And how can I change my "new" note back to Markdown?

ps. I've only just started using Joplin, have searched the Forums for the issue, and see some posts regarding a toggle, a persistent editor add-on, and fiddling with the database... I installed 2 add-ons that might affect the setting but neither seem to let me switch from HTML back to Markdown. Help?

There are only two editors (that you will see anyway) in Joplin - a Markdown editor and a Richtext. You can always verify which one you are in by the state of the editor toggle switch (seen below with the markdown editor enabled).
You will ever see the two editors side by side in a window. If you see markdown on the left then the right side will be the rendered output of that Markdown.

If you are seeing HTML that is most likely going to to be the markdown editor as the richtext one would be just displaying as rendered.

Full HTML notes are possible in Joplin - for example importing from other formats as HTML or clipping a webpage as HTML and you can see that if you press the little info symbol above the aforementioned editor toggle switch - there will be a field that says "Markup" and it should either say "Markdown" or "HTML".

Otherwise it is possible you have created some more complex content using the richtext editor that has been marked for non conversion to Markdown. Is it possible to replicate this issue using the original data from the note? In which case can you share that (original) markdown formatted note?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.