Home / GitHub Page

While Editing, the current line jumps upward

Setup
Joplin 1.0.179 (prod, darwin)
macOSX

While editing a note the current line that I am looking at has a tendency to jump upwards steadily by small amounts. I was wondering if anyone else had seen this behavior or could speak to it being intentional or a potential bug.

Basically, I tend to move the cursor around a lot, create new lines, and type (all pretty standard stuff for a text editor). I feel like it’s distracting that as I am looking at it everything shifts upwards. I have to follow it with my eyes, and I haven’t been able to find a specific repro case. I had a hunch it had something to do with the program trying to line up the raw markdown scroll position and the rendered markdown scroll position so I changed the view to just the raw markdown. It may still be doing that though, even if the rendered markdown is collapsed.

I am new to Joplin, I just made an account here. I tried searching around a bit before posting, but if this is a well-known or intended thing my apologies.

Yes, there’s a gh issue open. When I’m home I’ll search for it and add it here as a reference.

1 Like
1 Like

Hey tessus,

Thank you so much for the reply. I am glad its a known issue and someone will be working on it.

Joplin is awesome!

I would like to say that I am also having this issue.
Windows 10.
Joplin 1.0.195 (prod, win32)

Client ID: d129a95aedbc42baa2c9bd6ebd4fee8a
Sync Version: 1
Profile Version: 28

Revision: f4a562bc (master)

There is a PR that might fix the bahvior. Laurent has to review it though. Right now there are way more PRs than normal…

1 Like