WebDav Synchronisation Error on Windows and Android. version.txt is locked

The synchronisation with WebDav was working without any problems. After updating the sync failed with the following message:
Completed: 14/01/2020 09:20
Last error: Error: PUT .sync/version.txt: “Joplin/.sync/version.txt” is locked (Exception OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Exception\FileLocked) (423): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <d:error xmlns:d=“DAV:” xmlns:s=“http://sabredav.org/ns”> <s:exception>OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Exception\FileLocked</s:exception> <s:message>“Joplin/.sync/version.txt” is locked</s:message> </d:error>

I get this error on both OS: Windows 10 and Android
Joplin version: 1.0.175

After updating what? And from which version to which version?

Also, this looks like a Nextcloud error. See also:

I found in the Joplin log that this error happened the first time on the 13th of December, but I just realized today that it is not syncing to my Android device, because I didn’t used it on android until today. I have updated Joplin from version 1.0.174 to 1.0.175 on the 13th of December. I never had any problem using the NextCloud syncing via WebDav before this.

This is a server error, so I’m not sure how it could be Joplin’s fault. Maybe somebody else has an idea.

Yes it was a server error: Somehow the folder or files in it locked. It was impossible for me to unlock. Unlocking is not available in the free version of ocloud. Creating a new folder with a different name and setting all devices to this new folder solved the problem for me. With deleting and creating with the same name the problem still exists.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. You should report this lock error to ocloud. Free or not, this is certainly a bug.

2 Likes