Home / GitHub Page

WebDav Synchronisation Error on Windows and Android. version.txt is locked

The synchronisation with WebDav was working without any problems. After updating the sync failed with the following message:
Completed: 14/01/2020 09:20
Last error: Error: PUT .sync/version.txt: “Joplin/.sync/version.txt” is locked (Exception OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Exception\FileLocked) (423): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <d:error xmlns:d=“DAV:” xmlns:s=“http://sabredav.org/ns”> <s:exception>OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Exception\FileLocked</s:exception> <s:message>“Joplin/.sync/version.txt” is locked</s:message> </d:error>

I get this error on both OS: Windows 10 and Android
Joplin version: 1.0.175

After updating what? And from which version to which version?

Also, this looks like a Nextcloud error. See also:

I found in the Joplin log that this error happened the first time on the 13th of December, but I just realized today that it is not syncing to my Android device, because I didn’t used it on android until today. I have updated Joplin from version 1.0.174 to 1.0.175 on the 13th of December. I never had any problem using the NextCloud syncing via WebDav before this.

This is a server error, so I’m not sure how it could be Joplin’s fault. Maybe somebody else has an idea.

Yes it was a server error: Somehow the folder or files in it locked. It was impossible for me to unlock. Unlocking is not available in the free version of ocloud. Creating a new folder with a different name and setting all devices to this new folder solved the problem for me. With deleting and creating with the same name the problem still exists.

Thanks for the info. You should report this lock error to ocloud. Free or not, this is certainly a bug.