Nextcloud Sync Issue on Desktop But Not Mobile

Version: 2.5.7 (updated to this to see if it would fix the issue...it didn't).

I'm using Nextcloud to sync.

Everything works great on mobile. No issues at all.

With desktop, I keep running into the same issue:

Completed: 10/29/21 6:06 PM (62s)

Last error: Error: PUT info.json: "Joplin/info.json" is locked, existing lock on file: 2 shared locks (Exception OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Exception\FileLocked) (423): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <d:error xmlns:d="DAV:" xmlns:s="http://sabredav.org/ns"> <s:exception>OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Exception\FileLocked</s:exception> <s:message>"Joplin/info.json" is locked, existing lock on file: 2 shared locks</s:message> </d:error>

I checked the TLS error box as suggested in other threads.

Screen Shot on 2021-10-29 at 18:10:17

It's also saying that the sync configuration is correct.

That's about the extent of my troubleshooting abilities.

As I mentioned, I uploaded to the most recent pre-release just before submitting this ticket, but it was triggering the same issue on 2.4.12.

Any help to get this working would be greatly appreciated. Love the app!

This is a error from Nextcloud, the file Joplin/info.json is locked in Nextcloud from a other session or a session that no longer exists, but nextcloud has not released the lock.

If you search for FileLocked on the forum there are many threads about this. It's indeed a bug in Nextcloud (that they'll apparently never fix), and you need to use Redis for file locking to prevent this.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the help!

OK thanks. I'kill file a ticket with the service I use for Nextcloud. Might be time to switch to Joplin hosting.

1 Like

Heard back from my Nextcloud provider. Here's what they said:

Not sure if there's anything else that can be done. Looks like Joplin's no longer supported?

No, they are talking rubbish. I was originally using tab.digital and moved away because I was having horrendous locking issues and decided to host my own nextcloud instead.
What they are referring to is the old (deprecated) joplin nextcloud app which has been entirely replaced in functionality by Joplin Cloud/Server. It has nothing to do with the desktop app.

Edit, from my support ticket:

Hello,
Unfortunately the Joplin app is not supported since Nextcloud version 18

Hi,
Where is that compatibility information from? I know that the deprecated Joplin Nextcloud service isn't supported but the main Joplin app has been working just fine on Nextcloud 20 and as far as I'm aware there aren't any active nextcloud incompatibilities with the latest versions of Joplin

Sorry, we were referring to the Joplin app in Nextcloud, which is not what you're using.
Are you able to upload any files to the Joplin folder, or does only syncing with Joplin cause issues?

Yes that's not true. Plenty of people have no problem synchronising with Nextcloud. They have a misconfigured server and either don't want to admit it or just don't realise it. This error doesn't happen with Redis normally, unless they have a weird setup with async replication or something like this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.