Web Clipper cannot connect to the app anymore

Hi Community,

I've upgraded the desktop app to version 2.10.11 (see below) and found out that the Web Clipper (Firefox 2.8.1) cannot connect anymore to the app. I've read some posts talking about prod vs dev versions but I think I'm using both prod versions for the app and the clipper.

Rebooting the app, the browser and even the laptop didn't fix the issue.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Joplin 2.10.11 (prod, win32)

ID client : 94611bc342bb4df7b5f9344b72711e09
Version de Synchro : 3
Version du profil : 42
Trousseau supporté : Oui

Révision : 09cbac3

Folding in Code Mirror Editor: 2.0.1
Markdown Table: Colorize: 1.1.4
Markdown Table: Sortable: 1.2.2
Markdown table calculations: 1.0.5
Note Rename: 1.0.0
PlantUML2: 1.11.0
Plugin Bundle: 0.5.4
Quick HTML tags: 0.2.0
Rich Markdown: 0.13.2
Simple Backup: 1.2.2
Table Formatter Plugin: 1.2.1

Additional information: the Web Clipper correctly pings 127.0.0.1:41184 but the app doesn't answer. It then increments the post number every 2.5s.

I have no way to check the listening port on the app, despite what the documentation says.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Is the Web Clipper Service activated and running?

Options > Web Clipper

No and this is part of the issue: the app indicates the service has been activated but is in the idle state and I couldn't manage to trigger it...

Is there any logfile I could dig into to find why the web clipper service doesn't really start?

Thanks for your help!

Found it... It seems there a lot of errors like the one below but I don't know if it's only because the debug mode is active:

DevTools failed to load source map: Could not parse content for file:///C:/Program%20Files/Joplin/resources/app.asar/gui/note-viewer/pluginAssets/mermaid/mermaid.min.js.map: Unexpected end of JSON input

I don't really know what to look for now but can provide the whole logfile if needed... Could this be related to the latest Chrome update?

I'm begging help as I was a heavy user of the clipper, so I'm lost now! :pray:

From what I can see Daeraxa has suggested creating and posting debug logs using flags.txt. However if the clipper worked with a previous version why not revert to that version? 2.10.11 is a pre-release (beta) so why not go back to 2.9.17, the last full release, or whatever version last worked?

I've created the logfiles and couldn't identify any error. Here's the log-clipper.txt content, the log.txt file is put in attachement.

2023-04-18 09:57:53: "Error: connect ETIMEDOUT 127.0.0.1:41184
Code: ETIMEDOUT
Error: connect ETIMEDOUT 127.0.0.1:41184
    at __node_internal_captureLargerStackTrace (node:internal/errors:464:5)
    at __node_internal_exceptionWithHostPort (node:internal/errors:642:12)
    at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (node:net:1157:16)"
2023-04-18 10:00:29: "Error: connect ETIMEDOUT 127.0.0.1:41184
2023-04-18 10:00:54: "Error: connect ETIMEDOUT 127.0.0.1:41184

As you can see, the clipper correctly tries to connect to the port 41184 but I cannot confirm the app is listening to this port. No Failure mode doesn't give any more hint...

2.10.11 is a pre-release (beta)

The About dialog display this is a "(prod, win32)" version, not a beta version! Maybe I should try to install the 64bits version, if any. I'll try to revert to the previous version, but don't like to go backward...
log.txt (3.0 MB)

Thanks again for your help!

Tried to download the "latest" version from Joplin site and ended up with v2.9.17... How the hell could I had v2.10.11 previously? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: And obviously, Joplin doesn't launch now as it complains about the profile version:

Is there any way to revert to profile v41 so I can use previous versions?

Go browsing through the forum now...

I'd recommend just staying on 2.10 and fix it from here. The clipper says it's connecting on port 41184. What port is the clipper running on? (you can check this in the configuration screen => Clipper)

If the ports are correct then it means something else, maybe a firewall, is blocking the connection. How about if you test with Chrome?

Hi Laurent,

Downloaded and installed v2.10.13 so I can at least open the app with profile v42...
I always used Firefox without any problem, so I just didn't try with Chrome.

I can't know which port the desktop app is listening to as Options > Web Clipper displays:

All I know is that Firefox plugin correctly talks to 127.0.0.1:41184...

It should show the port there, so it's not starting for whatever reason. Try to switch it off and on and provide the console log at that time

I know: the previous version was correctly displaying the port number!

Here's what I caught in the console (just copy/patse, don't know if there's a way to export the console to a more-readable format):

C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:86 Warning: componentWillReceiveProps has been renamed, and is not recommended for use. See https://reactjs.org/link/unsafe-component-lifecycles for details.

* Move data fetching code or side effects to componentDidUpdate.
* If you're updating state whenever props change, refactor your code to use memoization techniques or move it to static getDerivedStateFromProps. Learn more at: https://reactjs.org/link/derived-state
* Rename componentWillReceiveProps to UNSAFE_componentWillReceiveProps to suppress this warning in non-strict mode. In React 18.x, only the UNSAFE_ name will work. To rename all deprecated lifecycles to their new names, you can run `npx react-codemod rename-unsafe-lifecycles` in your project source folder.

Please update the following components: t
printWarning @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:86
warn @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:49
ReactStrictModeWarnings.flushPendingUnsafeLifecycleWarnings @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:12912
flushRenderPhaseStrictModeWarningsInDEV @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:27310
commitRootImpl @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:26702
commitRoot @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:26682
performSyncWorkOnRoot @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:26117
flushSyncCallbacks @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:12042
(anonymous) @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:25651
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:45:23: RepositoryApi: findWorkingMirror: Using: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/joplin/plugins/master
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:45:38: Synchronizer: BasicDelta: Report: {"timestamp":1681830708153,"older":12037,"newer":0,"equal":1}
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:45:38: Synchronizer: Sync: fetchingTotal: Fetching delta items from sync target
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:45:38: FileApi: delete /drive/root:/Applications/Joplin/locks/1_1_94611bc342bb4df7b5f9344b72711e09.json
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:45:38: Synchronizer: Sync: finished: Synchronisation finished [1681832686372]
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:45:38: Synchronizer: Operations completed: 
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:45:38: Synchronizer: fetchingTotal: -
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:45:38: Synchronizer: Total folders: 111
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:45:38: Synchronizer: Total notes: 1303
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:45:38: Synchronizer: Total resources: 6302
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:45:38: Setting up recurrent sync with interval 300
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:45:38: Updating all notifications...
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:45:38: Garbage collecting alarms...
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:45:38: PluginRunner: Got message (3): joplin.data.get (2) ['notes', ''] {fields: Array(1)}
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:45:38: PluginRunner: Got message (3): joplin.views.panels.postMessage plugin-view-com.septemberhx.pluginBundle-sidebar_bundle_panel {type: 'update', elementId: 'history-panel', html: '\n      <div class="history-container">\n        Ple… the Tools menu) to start logging\n      </div>\n  '}
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:45:38: PluginRunner: Got message (3): joplin.data.get ['search'] {query: 'updated:20230418', fields: Array(6), page: 1}
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:45:38: PluginRunner: Got message (3): joplin.data.get ['search'] {query: '/"- [ ]"', fields: Array(5), page: 1}
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:45:38: PluginRunner: Got message (3): joplin.settings.value bundle_daily_note_root_dir_name
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:45:38: PluginRunner: Got message (3): joplin.data.get ['folders']
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:45:38: PluginRunner: Got message (3): joplin.data.get ['folders'] {page: 2}
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:45:38: PluginRunner: Got message (3): joplin.views.panels.postMessage plugin-view-com.septemberhx.pluginBundle-sidebar_bundle_panel {type: 'update', elementId: 'inline-todo', html: '<div class="inline-todo-div">\n      <ul class="nav…iv></div></div></li></ul></div></div></div></div>'}
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:45:38: PluginRunner: Got message (3): joplin.views.panels.postMessage plugin-view-com.septemberhx.pluginBundle-sidebar_bundle_panel {type: 'update', elementId: 'dailyNote', html: '\n        <div class="month-container btn-group" ro…>\n    </td>\n                </tr></tbody></table>'}
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:45:39: models/Setting: Saving settings...
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:45:39: models/Setting: Settings have been saved.
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:45:39: DecryptionWorker: cannot start because no master key is currently loaded.
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:45:49: PluginRunner: Got message (3): joplin.settings.value backupInterval
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:45:49: PluginRunner: Got message (3): joplin.settings.value lastBackup
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:45:49: PluginRunner: Got message (3): joplin.settings.value onlyOnChange
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:45:49: PluginRunner: Got message (3): joplin.data.get ['folders'] {fields: 'title, id, updated_time', order_by: 'updated_time', order_dir: 'DESC', limit: 10, page: 1}
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:45:49: PluginRunner: Got message (3): joplin.data.get ['notes'] {fields: 'title, id, updated_time', order_by: 'updated_time', order_dir: 'DESC', limit: 10, page: 1}
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:45:49: PluginRunner: Got message (3): joplin.data.get ['resources'] {fields: 'title, id, updated_time', order_by: 'updated_time', order_dir: 'DESC', limit: 10, page: 1}
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:45:49: PluginRunner: Got message (3): joplin.data.get ['tags'] {fields: 'title, id, updated_time', order_by: 'updated_time', order_dir: 'DESC', limit: 10, page: 1}
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\ClipperServer.js:229 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'destroy')
    at ClipperServer.<anonymous> (C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\ClipperServer.js:229:26)
    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
    at C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\ClipperServer.js:8:71
    at new Promise (<anonymous>)
    at __awaiter (C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\ClipperServer.js:4:12)
    at ClipperServer.stop (C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\ClipperServer.js:228:16)
    at disableClipperServer_click (C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\gui\ClipperConfigScreen.js:20:49)
    at HTMLUnknownElement.callCallback (C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:4164:14)
    at Object.invokeGuardedCallbackDev (C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:4213:16)
    at invokeGuardedCallback (C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:4277:31)
(anonymous) @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\ClipperServer.js:229
(anonymous) @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\ClipperServer.js:8
__awaiter @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\ClipperServer.js:4
stop @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\ClipperServer.js:228
disableClipperServer_click @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\gui\ClipperConfigScreen.js:20
callCallback @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:4164
invokeGuardedCallbackDev @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:4213
invokeGuardedCallback @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:4277
invokeGuardedCallbackAndCatchFirstError @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:4291
executeDispatch @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:9041
processDispatchQueueItemsInOrder @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:9073
processDispatchQueue @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:9086
dispatchEventsForPlugins @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:9097
(anonymous) @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:9288
batchedUpdates$1 @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:26140
batchedUpdates @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:3991
dispatchEventForPluginEventSystem @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:9287
dispatchEventWithEnableCapturePhaseSelectiveHydrationWithoutDiscreteEventReplay @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:6465
dispatchEvent @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:6457
dispatchDiscreteEvent @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:6430
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:47:10: models/Setting: Saving settings...
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:47:10: models/Setting: Settings have been saved.
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:47:24: Error: connect ETIMEDOUT 127.0.0.1:41184
    at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (node:net:1157:16)
log @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205
error @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:259
(anonymous) @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\ClipperServer.js:113
rejected @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\ClipperServer.js:6
processTicksAndRejections @ node:internal/process/task_queues:96
Promise.then (async)
step @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\ClipperServer.js:7
(anonymous) @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\ClipperServer.js:8
__awaiter @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\ClipperServer.js:4
start @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\ClipperServer.js:103
enableClipperServer_click @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\gui\ClipperConfigScreen.js:24
callCallback @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:4164
invokeGuardedCallbackDev @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:4213
invokeGuardedCallback @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:4277
invokeGuardedCallbackAndCatchFirstError @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:4291
executeDispatch @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:9041
processDispatchQueueItemsInOrder @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:9073
processDispatchQueue @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:9086
dispatchEventsForPlugins @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:9097
(anonymous) @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:9288
batchedUpdates$1 @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:26140
batchedUpdates @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:3991
dispatchEventForPluginEventSystem @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:9287
dispatchEventWithEnableCapturePhaseSelectiveHydrationWithoutDiscreteEventReplay @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:6465
dispatchEvent @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:6457
dispatchDiscreteEvent @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\react-dom\cjs\react-dom.development.js:6430
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:47:24: models/Setting: Saving settings...
C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 17:47:25: models/Setting: Settings have been saved.

I am having the same problem running on Firefox 112.0.1 (64-bit), MacOS 11.7.6, web clipper version 2.11.2, and Joplin version 2.9.17 (prod, darwin).

I rolled back to web clipper version 2.8.1 and this has no problems.

Hi @bopeep,

How did you manage to roll back the web clipper in Firefox? Couldn't find a way to install a previous version... :thinking:

I had to scratch my head a bit, but you do this entirely in Firefox. First, remove the current Joplin extension via a Right-Click and "Remove Extension." Then go to Firefox Settings, then "Extensions and Themes" and then search for Joplin and click on the Joplin web clipper page -- just like youl were going to install it in the first place. Once you're on the Joplin extension page, scroll down to where it says Versions and click on "See all versions."

At that point you can see lll the previous versions and you can "download" the one you want. You'll go through the same set of dialogs as usual. Once installed, make sure you select the settings for the extension and turn OFF automatic updates. Otherwise it will just re-install the most current version.

This put me back in business right away. I really missed Web Clipper!

1 Like

Thanks for the tip! It unfortunately didn't work for me: rolled back to Clipper v2.8.1 with Joplin 2.10.13 and the app still displays that the service is "idle".

@laurent , could you find anything indicative in the log extract I posted some days ago? Do not hesitate to ask me, I'm willing to help because I deeply miss the clipper! :pray:

It's hard to tell from your log because there's too much in it. Could you try this?

• Disable the clipper
    • Check that it is indeed disabled - it should say "The web clipper service is not enabled"
  • Close the app
  • Open the app again
  • Navigate to the clipper settings
  • Open the dev tools, and clear the console (you need to click on :no_entry_sign: in the top left corner)
  • Now enable the clipper
  • Copy the full content of the console and paste it here

Also please confirm that after enabling the clipper, it still shows the "idle" status

Thanks Laurent! Here's what I got when I followed your procedure:

C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205 11:17:14: Error: connect ETIMEDOUT 127.0.0.1:41184
    at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (node:net:1157:16)
log @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:205
error @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\Logger.js:259
(anonymous) @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\ClipperServer.js:113
rejected @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\ClipperServer.js:6
processTicksAndRejections @ node:internal/process/task_queues:96
Promise.then (async)
step @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\ClipperServer.js:7
start @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\node_modules\@joplin\lib\ClipperServer.js:103
enableClipperServer_click @ C:\Program Files\Joplin\resources\app.asar\gui\ClipperConfigScreen.js:24

The app still displays "Status: idle". Hope it sheds any light on this issue! :crossed_fingers: